Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a Grand Am and decided it was time for an upgrade. I got this about 2 1/2 months ago. Had 86k on it when I bought it and is overall well taken care of. 3 weeks ago, I got in a wreck nearly ending my life and damaging the old rims and the whole rear suspension when I hit gravel in a sharp bend. Here she is now:

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Very glad you and your Sol survived. Beautiful car.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I know the feeling. I was riding around on bald RSA's and had a very close call in the rain which prompted me to buy new rims. having your car turn completely sideways on the freeway at 50mph and then have it do a 180 the other way around and then straighten up all in traffic is no fun. That was 2 weeks ago and I just got new rims and times last week.

Looks great and glad you made it out in 1 piece.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I had the same problem with the RSAs--everything from 70mph on the interstate in rain (nearly sliding into an overpass divider) to trying to make a turn on a wet street. Absolutely insane and damning of GM to ship these cars with such horrible tires.

I like these rims a lot, but am wary about changing the size and affecting the VSS (I really prefer accurate speed and mileage to appearance) and getting something with the wrong offset.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Funny thing about that, whenever I would drive past those signs that post your speed before I got the new rime, it showed me going about 1 or 2 MPH faster than what my speedo said.

when I got the new rims, I expected it to be a couple MPH off but I checked it on 2 different GPS and it's right on the money. The set-up I have is supposed to be the same height so once again, happy as a lark.

I'll have to drive by one of those signs and see what it says now. Could be that my tires were so worn it was throwing it off by 1 or 2 mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts