Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new exhaust in sounds lovely. :cool:
I do have a few concerns though.....
On Solo's part the exhaust tips sit really close to the inside opening for the valence, like mm from the valence...is this normal? I don't think I did something wrong they started more centered before I started driving. Like they both twisted over :leaving:

On GM's part my shiny tips are already really brown from the gases leaving, after about 200 miles of driving, is this also normal or am i running rich? The stock ones are browned to hell, I thought previous owner never really cleaned them.:willy:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am a GXP

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also wash/detail cars for a living, so not having the shinys be shiny annoys me beyond reasoning....

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
In answer to your question, yes....all are normal. Get yourself some S.O.S. pads and scrub the carbon away.... That's what I do on my Solo Street Race Exhaust.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah...I would run the dealership into the ground with the amount of steel wool I would be using to keep them clean

·
Registered
61 Posts
If so, then totally normal to be rich with the direct injection engine
ALL modern fuel injected engines will maintain an emissions-ideal 14.7:1 If, for any reason, the car's engine management cannot maintain 14.7:1, it will throw a fault code. (This is a requirement of the Federal OBDII standard.) So, it would be an extreme anomaly to have any conditions where a car would run continuously rich.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
ALL modern fuel injected engines will maintain an emissions-ideal 14.7:1 If, for any reason, the car's engine management cannot maintain 14.7:1, it will throw a fault code. (This is a requirement of the Federal OBDII standard.) So, it would be an extreme anomaly to have any conditions where a car would run continuously rich.
Let me modify my statement. Totally normal for the tailpipes to soot up and maybe even put out a visible puff at startup. Better?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not saying that the car isn't running right just on my 05 G6 i had shiny tips that never really went brown and this car does that, I did throw a code after 120 miles of driving, P013A, slow response of O2 sensor, cleared that code and hasn't been back on for about 40 miles so far. Sooooo maybe it wont be as bad now that the computer has realized the changed exhaust piping?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts