Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First reported in these forums by forum member Wildbanschee.

Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky Colors, Codes & Quantities
How Rare is Your GXP or Red Line?

https://www.amazon.com/Pontiac-Solstice-Saturn-Colors-Quantities/dp/B0988LGYZY/

From what I have seen it looks like it is also based on Compnine. But I am sure it is a very very very interesting read even for people that have access to Compnine.

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,626 Posts
Kind of a limited and specific subject matter to fill up a “book”? It does mention fitting in your back pocket
(Not knocking the author as I sure a ton of time went into it)
I guess if there is an electronic version that would be easily searchable that would be cool.
Not a single page to check out the format inside is in the listing. Would love to see the layout.

· Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,626 Posts
Thanks Redone.
I followed the links and it’s just the front and back covers. At least from the iOS device I am using at the moment to browse.
Will check from a “real” computer later :)

· Premium Member
5,179 Posts
... more than 140 pages... ... ok, I bought it...

Reactions: GaryDN and RedOne07

· Registered
8,131 Posts
... more than 140 pages... ... ok, I bought it...
Let us know what you think of it - and whether it is worth the $40 Can. it costs us up North here.

· Premium Member
5,179 Posts
Let us know what you think of it ...
my book arrived today. I have not yet read it cover to cover, but here is the first glance...

it is a small book, it could fit in a back pants pocket I suppose...

The book seems to be simply tables of statistics:
how many of this feature or that color.

· Registered
8,131 Posts
Looks like a compnine digest, which is a decent idea. Seems a tad overpriced to me.

· Registered
41 Posts
I have the book. I am blown away by all the facts and production data. The great thing for me is that its all the stuff I can never find on the forum. Its a;ll in one place. I've never seen on the forum yearly exterior//interior color combinations by model and by tranny on the forum. That includes coupes. And never seen Canadian color quantites by year and model. and Z0K color by year and model. Opel colors by year. G2X color by year. And an error sheet for the 2009 coupes. That's the knida stuff I like.

wspohn, you siad the book is 40 in Canada. do like my friends in Montreal do, go to the Amazon Canada site - amazon.ca. The book is 30 Canadian dollars and free shipping.

· Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Sounds good, I bought 4 copies. I wonder why he used Compnine, does that mean he had no GM source ? Compnine "often" has very iffy information on colors. "Many"cars have have a different color than the Compnine RPO list indicates, same for transmission information. I wonder if and how he filtered that out.
Also noticed From the example pages and numbers that his numbers are including the EX VIN cars as well.

· Registered
382 Posts
my book arrived today. I have not yet read it cover to cover, but here is the first glance...

it is a small book, it could fit in a back pants pocket I suppose...

The book seems to be simply tables of statistics:
how many of this feature or that color.

View attachment 115024

View attachment 115025

View attachment 115026

View attachment 115027
Thanks for the photos and the feedback, that's what I was waiting to see. So now it looks like I need to buy another book for my growing collection. $24 isn't terrible and I have a lot of this saved on excel from the forum posts over the years, but I've paid more for less before so it would be nice to have to flip through.

· Premium Member
5,179 Posts
... example pages and numbers that his numbers are including the EX VIN cars as well.
yes, there are EX cars in the book, including the EX coupes. ( 15 ex coupes listed on page 60 numbered 1-15 )

· Premium Member
5,179 Posts

· Registered
1,102 Posts
I just received my copy a couple of days ago. Interesting that it mentions that there might have been 50 or so Mean (Yellow) cars built even if it was not an official color. Then today I stumbled on this Flood damaged 2006 Solstice on erepairables. It sure looks factory to me. The VIN is 1G2MB35B56Y119958 would make it a late production 2006 model.

What do you all think? I just found it interesting after just reading the 2006 chapter of the book.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts