Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
That yellow car is very interesting and a really good paint job but there is some over spray. Look in the upper left corner of photo. The expandable back rubber wiring cover (dont know what its called) for passenger door powr has a little bit. If factory yellow that rubber should not have over spray. as does area in front under headlight(behind where bumper would be). click on photo for zoomed size and better view
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
381 Posts
I figured I would follow up on this book. I ended up ordering one for the $24. I had a $5 Amazon GC I got as a promotional so I took the opportunity to buy it.

First impressions, yes it's a fairly simple book not a lot of info other than a list of most RPO codes, colors, trans, interior/top color and material by year and that's about it. I find it useful though to quickly check on when someone asks a question like "how many of this color with this top were made". It's right there and it does that job well. "How many 2008 Ebony cars came with a spoiler?" it won't help you with. It does have small subsections devoted to Special Edition cars for each year as well as export numbers etc. So that's pretty cool.

The book is a total of 148 pages
Intro - Pages 5-17
Solstice - Pages 19-84
Sky - Pages 86-129
Opel GT - Pages 131-133
G2X - Pages 135-137

One thing I do find interesting is that the book includes the break out of colors for 2007 Sky units. This information has widely been noted as being incomplete on the Sky forum for years, but somehow this book lists out the breakouts. However it still shows the incomplete data from Compnine on the interior and trans combinations for that year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That yellow car is very interesting and a really good paint job but there is some over spray. Look in the upper left corner of photo. The expandable back rubber wiring cover (dont know what its called) for passenger door powr has a little bit. If factory yellow that rubber should not have over spray. as does area in front under headlight(behind where bumper would be). click on photo for zoomed size and better view
View attachment 115080
very good observation, but car was reapinted in the front due to yet another previous front collision prior to the one pictured ! i repainted the whole car and found the paint to be original yellow when sanding out hail dents for repair. but great observation ! i bought the car pictured and love it !

21 - 31 of 31 Posts