Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped off at my dealer here in Ventura, CA (Bunnin) and - again - inquired about Sol literature. First salesman looked in a couple of offices and then the brochure stock room/break room (from the looks of it...hehe, I followed him in) but with no luck. The salesman I talked to last time came over and recognized me from before and heard what I was looking for. He asked how serious I was about getting a Sol. I said, "I am getting a Sol - it just depends on when the FI becomes available." He said, "We may have something for someone serious about getting a Solstice." He then talked to another guy who had one of the brochures in his office...sneaky bastards...

So...it's about 38 pages with a foldout at the end, paint chips, dealer options, what's standard, etc...

Since I've seen it asked, but not answered - Looks like headliner is standard.

·
4,592 Posts
Please PM me the names/location involved, I drive through Ventura often, maybe I can convince them to give me one!

I think the mascot deserves one for all the abuse I take :lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a scan of the dealer options descriptions and some illustrations...I cropped and chopped the page to show the dealer installed optional wheels....ugly to me but to each his/her own! :skep:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/25415283868.jpg&s=x4

My brain types faster than my fingers realize...bleh :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
My dealer gave me a copy of that brochure the other day when I went and picked up my VOM #.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FI = Forced Induction - ie, Turbocharged

·
Registered
133 Posts
theartfuldodger said:
Yeah, that's odd since I can't find it listed as optional anywhere. They discribe the opening/closing of the top (Complete with flourishes and hyperbole) on this page and mention the headliner.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/25415565569.jpg&s=x4
That's because it isn't a factory option or a dealer installed option. It is available through your GM Goodwrench parts department and can be installed by the dealer. As such, you could certainly add the cost of the liner plus installation to your finance contract, but you will only see it listed as an accessory item, not an "option" on the car.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Got My Brochure......no Car Yet

I had my dealer save me a brochure and picked it up today. It's the same pages as the series of (suitable for framing) prints they sent to us 1stK buyers only slightly smaller but very classy.

He is supposed to get more info in the morning on status of my car....somewhere in transit.

VIN242, Deep, two-toned

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm, the dealer training material - Solstice Details Book (Final) mentions an "acoustic headliner"...

"When the top is up Solstice's thick 5mm side glass and acoustic headliner help keep outside noise out of the cockpit."

...while the Sales Brochure recently released says, more specifically, that it's a "stitched headliner"

Lyin' bastages... :willy:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The next bullet in the Details book, it says:

"An available premium headliner offers increased noise dampening (Fall '05)." :leaving:

By the by...the same material lists the min. recommended octane rating @ 87

·
Registered
89 Posts
My sales guy gave me all the material that was given to them. I received the die cast model and two different brochures along with his training video. They are trying to help ease the pain of the long wait. Great small town dealer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts