Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Please read the paragraph below to understand how this came about.
This is the official announcement of the sale of the Upgrades to the original Solstice cooler with the addition of the main bag, that makes for a whole assembly package.
This sale is for members of this forum only and once ALL the bags are SOLD there will not be any more made.
If you want one put your name on the list, the bags should be here by late December early January 2009.
Once in my possession I will make the announcement and members can start sending their payment.
NO money will be collected until the main bag is here and I am ready to ship your order.

I am toying with the idea of asking the factory to produce 75 main black coolers and 20 Red ones.
It seems that half of the original owners of the Solstice cooler are not interested in the upgrade, that is a shame since the whole thing is a give away at $18.00 plus $7.00 shipping charge and $1.00 if paying with PAYPAL..
What I would like to know is how many members would buy the Solstice cooler/canvas bag?. I do not want to add more inventory and cost to what I already have.
The price for the Solstice cooler\travel bag assembly will be $46.00 + $13.00 shipping = $59.00 to the 48 States, Canada, Alaska etc would be higher.
Please respond if you are interested and I will keep a list here to see how many would commit to buying these (75 BLACK 20 RED).

If this is a go that would still leave 0 BLACK upgrades and 7 RED ones for those original owners that may want to upgrade.
Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Solstice cooler list:
1. 24tbarker----------------------------------Black------------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
2. 1sgt-----------------------------------------Red]----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
3. ricthar---------------------------------------Black
4. Brance--------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
6. blueman-------------------------------------Red ----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
7. Ronzer---------------------------------------Black
8. LiquidPT--------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
9. Crappa--------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
10. Bizbo----------------------------------------Black
11 Geezer--------------------------------------Black-----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
12. Ibdrinken-----------------------------------RED
13. JLW-----------------------------------------Black-----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
14. Histand--------------------------------------Black-----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
15. Tbat-----------------------------------------Black
16. Captain--------------------------------------Black-----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
17 Carlallgood----------------------------------Black
18.U4EA-----------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
19.TA FLY NN------------------------------------Black
20. DaytonaMike--------------------------------Black
21.CWdilg----------------------------------------Black--------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
22.KD4z------------------------------------------RED]----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
23. capevette------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
24. bdamstar-------------------------------------Black
25.ClassCat--------------------------------------RED----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
26. PNWRaiderfan-------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
27. mrtoycrazy----------------------------------Black
28. Hossman-------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
29. Wheels---------------------------------------Black
30. MeanGXP------------------------------------RED----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
31. imaj------------------------------------------Black
32. GXP N ME------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
33. wjptcs----------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
34. MeanGXP-R----------------------------------RED----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
35. ALAN_L---------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
36. Chuckdoc-------------------------------------Black----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
37. Yamatr3--------------------------------------RED----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
38. Bigcayote------------------------------------RED-----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
39. D-ROD----------------------------------------Black
40. CatsMeanGXP--------------------------------Black-----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
41. TXN-------------------------------------------RED-----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
42. KWhale---------------------------------------Black-----------------Solstice cooler travel bag send
43. Wheels---------------------------------------Black------------------Solstice cooler travel bag send

Total available 43 BLACK and 11 RED

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The factory is making the Solstice main cooler 75 BLACK and 20 RED Solstice cooler\travel bag to go with the upgrades and make a complete set.
As of this writing there are 8 Black upgrades and 7 Red ones left for original owners to upgrade.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pictures and features of the Solstice cooler\travel bag package.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Ok, I'll take two black upgrades for my cooler and my son's cooler (Dark Tech)
Is that less for shipping for two?

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I'll take two black upgrades for my cooler and my son's cooler (Dark Tech)
Is that less for shipping for two?
Deepbluegxp:
Just send me a PM and I will send you the info for payment if you no longer have it.
That will leave only 6 BLACK upgrades.
Yes the shipping will be less than if the 2 were shipping separate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll take 1 Black Solstice cooler/canvas bag.

Thanks........

Ron

·
Registered
432 Posts
I will take 1 in black of the Solstice model.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am surprise more new Solstice owners are not putting their name on the list to get this unique product.
I am thinking this area of the forum most not be visited by a lot of people.
I guess a mentioned on the general thread would have to be done in order to make new car owners aware of this thread.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Could one of the moderators, Stang, MoomsSol, AspenRose..
Please change the title of this thread to this:

NEW SOLSTICE COOLER ORDERS FOR THOSE THAT DIDN'T GET ONE LAST YEAR

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BUMP for tiltle change PLEASE............

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi - I'm a bit confused - what do you get for $25, and what do you get for $59? I'm pulling these prices mentioned in the first post. The bag(s?) look interesting, but I'm not sure what they are?

Thanks!
Aletia

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Someone else asked me the same question let me see if I can explain it better.
The original Solstice cooler made last year for the Nationals had the word Solstice and the Silhouette of the car on the main Bag. The other three bags (2 sides and front pocket book) ONLY had the Solstice name embroider on them.
When the SKY cooler was made the following upgrades or enhancements were made to it.
The Main Bag remain the same but the 2 side bags and the front pocket book now also have the car Silhouette just like in the main bag.
I also add it a BAG that goes inside the main BAG to convert the cooler to a travel bag.
See the pictures.
Also the reflector on the original bag was use 2 ways, when in the car it was place on the carpet to act as an insulator for the heat, when outside it was place on top of the main bag to shield it from the Sun. Now there is a permanent reflector that is double insulated that stays in the trunk.
All that was now made available to the SKY cooler\travel bag, so I did not want for the SKY to have a better looking and more feature laden product.
I had the factory make the 2 small bag and the front pocket book for the Solstice look like the main bag (name and Silhouette). Also add it the travel bag feature and the new extra permanent reflector. All that was then offer to the original owners for $18 + $7 for shipping, total of $25.00. Quite a bargain when you consider all the material, embroidery etc for such a LOW price.
Needles to say I though ALL 200 original bags that were SOLD, their owners would jump at the chance to get this upgrade.
To my surprise ONLY 90 + SOLD leaving me with ALL these bags that have NO main bag to go with them.
My only solution is to add the main bag to these to make a complete set, thus the reason for the Thread and the price for the WHOLE set to be $46.00 + $13.00 shipping for a total of $59.00
Hope this clears up the mentioned of the $25.00 and the $59.00.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Total Cooler Package

I'll take the $59 Solstice package in black--Geezer

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I Would Like The Package To When Can We Send You The Money .

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1sgt, You are already on the list.
Also no money will be collected until the Main Solstice cooler\travel bag is here in my possession from the factory.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Add me to the list for the compete set (red).

1 - 20 of 222 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.