Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 222 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I'll take a complete set as well. (black)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Solstice Cooler / bag set (Black $59.00 pkg.)

I would like the (Black) Pkg. set for $59.00 if there are still some available. Looks great!!
Just tell me when you want payment. Thanks much !! :)

·
Premium Member
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Will put you down for a Black one.
PS: The coolers will be here at the end of October.
This is what was e-mail to me yesterday.

·
Premium Member
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I took the ???? out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great looking product! Please add me to the list for a complete set of black.

Thank you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Could you give us an estimate on a shipping price to Canada?? I think most Canuks would agree USPS to Canada is the cheapest, and almost as fast as UPS etc, and no $50 handling charges when you use US Postal Service.

·
Premium Member
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Could you give us an estimate on a shipping price to Canada?? I think most Canuks would agree USPS to Canada is the cheapest, and almost as fast as UPS etc, and no $50 handling charges when you use US Postal Service.
When I did it last year I use FDX international Ground.
The prices at that time were USD17 through USD23 depending on the province.
However it is my understanding you folks most pay some kind of duty tax\brokerage fee, and if you do not agree then I am responsible for the payment.

I will find out how much it is to Alberta through the USPS.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for checking LV! Just so you know what happens most times when things are shipped from the US to Canada, using Fedex or UPS. We pretty much automatically get dinged $50 US for "handling and brokerage fees". Sometimes it's $25, or $40. Basically I think they juts make up a number and charge us whatever they want.
US Postal on the other hand, drops it off at customs, customs clears it, hands it over to Canada Post, and it arrives in our mail boxes. Sometimes there is a duty, but if made in the US, there is no duty. We also have to pay our GST tax, which in Alberta is 5%, but we pay that no matter what we buy, so no biggie. I also understand that any of these duties/taxes/handling charges are not something you would pay, or that I would expect you to pay either.

If it helps you calculate shipping, here is my Postal Code T0A-1N0. Thanks again for checking the cost for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like one in BLACK (The COMPLETE KIT - The whole kitchen sink !!!!) - Please let me know about arranging payment details when READY....

Please confirm that I am on the list t get this !!!

·
Premium Member
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for checking LV! Just so you know what happens most times when things are shipped from the US to Canada, using Fedex or UPS. We pretty much automatically get dinged $50 US for "handling and brokerage fees". Sometimes it's $25, or $40. Basically I think they juts make up a number and charge us whatever they want.
US Postal on the other hand, drops it off at customs, customs clears it, hands it over to Canada Post, and it arrives in our mail boxes. Sometimes there is a duty, but if made in the US, there is no duty. We also have to pay our GST tax, which in Alberta is 5%, but we pay that no matter what we buy, so no biggie. I also understand that any of these duties/taxes/handling charges are not something you would pay, or that I would expect you to pay either.

If it helps you calculate shipping, here is my Postal Code T0A-1N0. Thanks again for checking the cost for me.
It looks like is going to be one of these 2 options.
The size of the box is 16x10x8. If the USPS considers this size large then is the second option.
Priority Mail® International Flat-Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $23.95
Priority Mail® International Large Flat-Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $29.95

Hope this helps.
Well FDEX wrote me a letter saying if they did not collect from the Canadian person, the charges would be my responsibility.
I never heard anything back so I assume FDEX collected from the person in Canada.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So glad they are available again--please count me in for a complete set of RED

·
Registered
160 Posts
It looks like is going to be one of these 2 options.
The size of the box is 16x10x8. If the USPS considers this size large then is the second option.
Priority Mail® International Flat-Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $23.95
Priority Mail® International Large Flat-Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $29.95

Hope this helps.
Well FDEX wrote me a letter saying if they did not collect from the Canadian person, the charges would be my responsibility.
I never heard anything back so I assume FDEX collected from the person in Canada.
Thanks for following up LV. Almost $30 US would be about 2/3 the price of the bags, and even at about $24 US, that still around 1/2 again the price of the bags. To me, and I'm only talking about myself, that is just too much. It makes the cost of the bags to me 46 + 24 = 70 x 1.05 GST = $73.50 US, which is about $81.50 CDN. That's a little too much for me, so although this looks like a great product, the shipping costs make it too costly for me.

Just so you know, yes FEDEX, UPS, DHL etc will collect all taxes and brokerage fees from the receiver in Canada. That's why I hate them.....if you shipped the bags to me using UPS for example, I'd be out at least $100 US, probably more like $115.

Thanks again for getting the shipping costs for me, and this is still a very good deal for the US folks. I hope you sell them all soon!

·
Premium Member
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I know the shipping makes it a little higher, but just so you get an idea of the quality, try to see if the couple of members that purchase the original last year in Alberta would let you take a look at it.
Now that was the original bag, this one has more embroidery plus the addition of the travel liner bag and the permanent trunk reflector.

21 - 40 of 222 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.