Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Scale of 1-10 How happy are you with your Solstice (After spending time in it)?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the initial excitement was died down and you give it an honest reflection, does it live up to your expectations? Are the short-comings minor annoyances, or worse than you thought they'd be? Are you satisfied? Or are now thinking about more power? Is this car just a gateway drug to something else? :)

On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with your car?

Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...9.5 to 10

photog321 said:
After the initial excitement [h]as died down and you give it an honest reflection, does it live up to your expectations? Are the short-comings minor annoyances, or worse than you thought they'd be? Are you satisfied? Or are now thinking about more power? Is this car just a gateway drug to something else? :)
Thanks to about eight months of reading this forum, every shortcoming in the car was expected. To my delight, however, I found them to be much less a big deal then I was told. Of course this is only day three for me, but much of my driving has been with top up (due to weather) and I have already learned to appreciate the inside comfort of the car, it's tightness, and even the visibility, which is much better than I was fearing (and definitely better than my last convertible.) Plus, I'm having fun playing with all the gadgets there...radio/cd system, dic, etc.
More power? Sure that might be nice, but I haven't really even tapped what it has yet. Still refining my shifting techniques...and having fun doing it.
This car is a blast to drive.
:cool:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
photog321 said:
After the initial excitement was died down and you give it an honest reflection, does it live up to your expectations? Are the short-comings minor annoyances, or worse than you thought they'd be? Are you satisfied? Or are now thinking about more power? Is this car just a gateway drug to something else? :)

Thanks!

Steve
A 10 !!! Love the car, as far as I'm concern the power is great, and thats with dealer putting in 87, filled it with 93 and getting cat back, both should increase power even a little more.

I think some people are making apples out of oranges.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...meow

deluke said:
A 10 !!! Love the car, as far as I'm concern the power great, and thats with dealer putting in 87, filled it with 93 and getting cat back, both should increase power even a little more.
Are you getting cat-back from the dealer? What are they charging for it?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...cool

deluke said:
Ya 550.00 (They are giving me a break) plus labor at only $55.00 hrs. Shouldn't take more that an hour.
What state are you in? Let us know how you like it and what difference it makes.

·
Registered
542 Posts

Have had the car for almost a month. The car has surpassed my every expectation. Having heard of minor annoyances (plastic in car, storage, unlock botton etc.) from this forum well in advance, these issues do not bother me...and they do not jump out at you. I've asked many a passengers what there impressions are of the interior and all seem to provide it high praise and everyone likes how it drives.

In many cases, I think people think it should be more luxurious to that of a Boxter however, we're paying almost half of what those go for and we're not missing anything from a style standpoint and as a fun driving car. Yes, it will not out perform a Boxter but I knew going in it wouldn't and therefore, I am extremely pleased with the Solstice.

I do want to add more HP but believe it is not a have-to-have for many. This just happens to be my toy car that I want to modify and improve on my time.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts

When you factor in cost you get a lot of car. Nothing is perfect but then again it's not 40k.

Forum magnifies all little things but as other have said at least you know about them ahead of time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Solstice Rating

I have a little over 1800 miles on VIN782. The car is everything I expected and more. The "downside issues" like the procedure for putting the top down( I actually find it fun, people just love to watch and it is very quick and easy), lack of power(more than enough to get me in trouble), no inside door unlock button(minor annoyance), visibility(much better than expected, bettter than my brother's C6 Corvette), "cheap" plastic interior(gotta give up something at this price), lack of staroge/luggage room(I can get my golf bag in with the top down, all I need) are no big deal. Were there any other "issues"?If so I don't know what they would be.

There are even bonuses I did not expect. The car rides on the highway like a big car, very comfotable ride and with the top down at 75 mph there is very releatively little wind in the car and you don't hve to shout to talk to the passenger and with the widows up it is almost hard to believe how little wind there is inside the car(most of the wind you get inside the car with the top down comes off the side mirrors) and you can talk to ther person next to you in close to a normal voice.

I give it a 9.5(only because nothing is ever perfect). Never happier with an auto purchase.
:cool: :cool:

·
2,574 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
10 I LOVE the control this car has and it rides like it cost much more than it did. The engine really came alive after break in.OH and it is GORGEUOUS but ya'll knew that.
Grad, You say it came alive after break in. What mileage was it when you noticed it "come alive"? Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
10+ I love Vicki!!! She's awesome. Those curves!!! boy-o-boy! The way she rides, sheezus!!! The sounds she makes when I'm driving her, fan-fricken-tastic!!! I LOVE HER!!! Though she does have a little clunking from 1st to 2nd...

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Nix Sol said:
10+ I love Vicki!!! She's awesome. Those curves!!! boy-o-boy! The way she rides, sheezus!!! The sounds she makes when I'm driving her, fan-fricken-tastic!!! I LOVE HER!!! Though she does have a little clunking from 1st to 2nd...
Yeah, but how is the car? :lol: :glol: :eek: :blush: :glol: :lol:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I gave it a 10, because it has lived up to my expectations. It drives nice, hugs the road, is comfortable, doesn't leak, and has enough power to get me my first speeding ticket in 39 years!!! :willy:

·
Registered
576 Posts
RichSol said:
Are you getting cat-back from the dealer? What are they charging for it?
You may want to investigate KappaShere's. They are in Temecula and will be showing both their cat back and cold air intake at the Western Meet in San Simeon :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I picked up my "Cool" Solstice on Friday the 14th. I also own a Cayenne. I parked the SUV Friday, drove the Solstice the entire weekend, and can't wait to get behind the wheel again (this weekend).

It certainly commands attention, which was unexpected. Especially when on the highway. Vehicles speed up to get a look followed by the "thumbs up." At service stations, very kind people approach, ask questions, and have great things to say. It's been a blast.

My Cayenne was double the MSRP of my Solstice but the Solstice is 5x the fun!!!! In fact, I have an eye on another Solstice (on eBay) so I can choose between two colors for weekend driving.

P E R F E C T 10 - ESPECIALLY WITH THE WINDOW TINT!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.