Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done watching my Solstice training video, thought I would throw some interesting tid bits out there....

1. Some of you may have read that the body panels are hydroformed (process for molding metal with water) which makes them lighter because of denseness, but also more ridged that regularly formed panels. What you may not know is that the chassis is also hydroformed, so the ENTIRE CAR is very ridgid, but flexible. Should make for a great ride.

2.The stereo system has a hook up for an I Pod or similar device, so you can bring along your 75 disc changer in your pocket!!!

3. The top is made by Haartz, and is extremely durable. Also the Backglass is ACTUAL GLASS, rather than plexi or plastic. Sidenote, you will be happy to know that there is apparently an optional headliner for top up luxury, and reduced wind noise.

4. There is no spare, but did you know that there is a tire inflation kit and sealant kit in the trunkspace? Includes inflation tools.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow, I just found out some stuff as well . . .

The release for the top is either the keyfob or the button in the glove box. Either one releases the top supports AND opens the trunk.

Contact me directly with any questions about 10th century English churches or my travel recommendations in Great Yarmouth.

[email protected]

P.S. I am not a salesperson . . . :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know that was kinda rude. Here I am trying to pass along answers to questions I have seen on this forum, and you gotta patronize me.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
cadillacricket said:
You know that was kinda rude. Here I am trying to pass along answers to questions I have seen on this forum, and you gotta patronize me.
Don't worry, some people can't get over themselves.

I asked about the Ipod thing awhile ago and never got a solid answer! So thank you for that.

As well it's nice that they are offering a headliner. I hated looking up and seeing the bars.

·
Registered
403 Posts
cadillacricket said:

You posted the same message in at least 4 separate places. I find that rude. nice info about the headliner, do you know when it will be available or what the price will be?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No clue, and no clue. Sorry about my post and repost, but I only posted it in general discussion and technical discussion, anywhere else you could easily scan right over my nonsense. Sorry again about that, but it is hard for me to navigate this site, I am obviously dumb. and I have carpel tunnel. And I expect people on the net to be rude. and I am trying to be informative. And I am very sensitive.....

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Any pictures of the headliner?

BTW - has anyone posted a picture of the top from the inside? I've seen other complaints about the asthetics but don't remember any pictures.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
MAKsys said:
Any pictures of the headliner?

BTW - has anyone posted a picture of the top from the inside? I've seen other complaints about the asthetics but don't remember any pictures.
There are a few in the Gallery from Brentil (and me, thanks Brentil) that have titles like Roof Latch etc.

·
Registered
763 Posts
sorry to be harsh about it but most if not all of that is in the Faqs
and really I apologize for the first thread I appreciate you taking the time to post new information its just that to see New Info and then find a thread about things we've known a while is a little dissapointing. Plus if we give newbies asking questions they can look up a :brentil: only seems fair to give you one too :glol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Having a headliner for the car is great option! I don't know about the XLR's but I believe it was 1964 when Cadillac stopped using headliners in their convertibles. It does indeed go a long way towards quieting the car and it's a handsome touch for a handsome car. Do you know if the headliners will be made to match the colour of the top or the interior of the car?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To answer the second question, I just don't have much info on it, but The XLR has a great top. It has a built in headliner, but it is a rectractable hardtop with a seamless design.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...time ecology

GradSoulStice said:
sorry to be harsh about it but most if not all of that is in the Faqs
and really I apologize for the first thread I appreciate you taking the time to post new information its just that to see New Info and then find a thread about things we've known a while is a little dissapointing. Plus if we give newbies asking questions they can look up a :brentil: only seems fair to give you one too :glol:
Well I just wasted much of my time reading your rants. Most of the forum is becoming repetitive, so why give this guy a hard time?
:cool:

·
Registered
135 Posts
cadillacricket said:
3. Sidenote, you will be happy to know that there is apparently an optional headliner for top up luxury, and reduced wind noise.
That's great to know. Do you have an idea on cost for the upgrade and when it'll be available?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
TerpFan said:
You moderators need to leave these be; nothing I said was wrong.
Did something get edited out of this thread? This is the first I have seen it.

As for this thread... lets not be so harsh on Cadillacricket. He was just trying to pass along some information and was not sure we were aware of it.

Although we were aware of most of his information, I am yet to see the news about the potential headliner for the convertable top on this forum. I might have missed mention of it in the past, but by the looks of the thread a lot of people are finding it new news.

Keep cool everyone! Sol's should ship soon (if they haven't already)!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
TerpFan said:
You moderators need to leave these be; nothing I said was wrong.
To what are you referring? :confused: I didn't see a post from you in this thread, and I haven't seen any edits or such. Are you referring to a different thread?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.