Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please advice on tires. I won't be performance driving, or driving in snow. Driving on wet roads and expressways is something i will be doing. Really don't want to spend a arm and a leg and but don't want bottom of the barrel . don't plan on keeping the car much over a year. any suggestion? Thanks

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
General G-MAX AS-03 for a good mix of performance, mileage and reasonable price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been very happy buying tires for all my vehicles at discount tire direct.
They have a great selection with free shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I have been very happy with Continental Extreme Contact

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got tires about a week ago and after much research I got the BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S. If you check they are the #1 rated all weather performance tire on to retake.com. Read the reviews for yourself. So, far they have been great in rain, ride smooth, and are quite all for @$150. I got mine on the American tire depot buy 3 get 1 free sale.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have Super Sport's on my car now, but I will probably install a less sticky tire when they wear out. For all the grip they provide, and the outright performance they offer, you have to really increase your speed dangerously to have fun with them (read: break them free).

I don't use the car on a race track and I don't care about setting lap times, but I do like a lively rear-end on a complex mountain road.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I'm not a performance driver either. I bought Michelin MXV4's from a Discount Tire brick and mortar store. They're touring tires, and I bought them for smooth ride and low noise. After 20k miles, I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I just got tires about a week ago and after much research I got the BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S. If you check they are the #1 rated all weather performance tire on to retake.com. Read the reviews for yourself. So, far they have been great in rain, ride smooth, and are quite all for @$150. I got mine on the American tire depot buy 3 get 1 free sale.
Those look very good for an all season tire - they give up very little to the ultra high performance summer only tires and have a better wear index.

Given that the OP intends to drive normally and ditch the car in a year or so, I think they can do just fine with one of the less expensive all season options previously discussed here, like the Hankook or Sumitomo brands.

His decisions will be based on price more than use as he won't have the car when the tires need changing again.

When I bought my last set, I looked foro maximum performance tires that would last through to the 5-6 year range given my average annual mileage. If I had a higher normal mileage per year I'd have had to reset my target to something with more lasting ability.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I've dealt with Tire Rack for a number of years and am very pleased with their selection and service another plus is that they run closeout sales and you can pick up a set of tires for a pretty decent price .

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Another vote for Continentals (DW or DWS) - great tires. If you can wait a few days for delivery, check out tirebuyer.com. I used to use Tirerack and Discount Tire and tirebuyer.com beats the price from both and if you use one of their recommended installers, they will even give you free shipping for all of your tires to the installer where you can just make an appointment and get them put on without having to transport the tires yourself. I have no affiliation but just had a really good experience at a good price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts