Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

New to the forum. Just obtained a 2006 Solstice. I am currently repairing the damage that the previous goob did to the underside of the front bumper and the left front fender. I pulled the fender off and rolled out the dent, so I'm good there for now.

I am interested in locating carbon fiber fenders for this car, but all I am coming across is cf hoods and dura flex fenders and fiberglass, etc.

If the information is already in here somewhere, don't "flame" me as they say, lol. I am also interested in locating "black housing" upgraded headlights for this car, however every search I do for headlights and/or tail lights is coming up with only "oem style". (I feel like I am back in my 02 Mercury Cougar v6 xr)...no headlights or tail lights for that thing either...heck there really wasn't squat for that car anyway.

Any links or information would be greatly appreciated as I really don't want to bake, or separate these headlights and spray them....thanks.....:thumbs:

P.S. I'd almost swear that this little car has just as much or more oomph under the hood than that cougar did..(I know the horse numbers)....so is it just this "roadster" feeling??...lol

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you want to remove the chrome inside the headlights, then heat and oven cleaner will do the job. If you are wanting to make the cover darker, then there are threads on blacking out the headlights and tail lights using various methods.

There are a a number of venders who provide parts. Just ask

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Welcome nocell! I thought there was a thread where someone was trying to get a group buy on the headlights.

As for CF I know there are many pieces but don't know about the fenders.

So basically I'm no help at all, but welcome anyway!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Welcome Nocell! You picked a car that has less chance of having aftermarket parts than the Cougar. There were a total of about 65,000 Solstices (both models) made, versus 175,000 of that model Cougar.

I am not aware of any CF parts for our cars other than hoods. The black headlights can be purchased from your GM dealerships or online, if you can find them. They were standard on the GXP coupes and the Street Editions.

I have a part number of 25973530 for either right or left, not sure of which. If you can find them, they are expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Welcome to the forum good luck with the car ! I have never seen carbon fiber fenders,Norm's Fiberglass makes a couple of styles for Solstices all his work is first class .There are two ways to achieve the blacked out headlight look one is to remove the chrome plating as Rob mentioned the other is to purchase a set of Street Edition lights which came on the coupes Crate Engine Depot sells them

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
CrateEngineDepot
Solstice Black Headlamp Kit (L & R) 25973530-1 $570.06

Single Right
Solstice Black Headlamp RH 25973531 $296.43

Single Left
Solstice Black Headlamp LH 25973530 $296.43

I've read threads regarding the CF hood not fitting properly. Norms fiberglass hoods are the way to go if your objective is saving weight. He also makes custom lower front quarter panels. Only other option I've seen is the duraflex lower front quarter panel on Ebay. Hot Rod magazine LS7 Solstice had CF panels, but far as I know they were all one-offs.

http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/hdrp_0606_pontiac_solstice_v8_final_assembly/photo_01.html

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I've read threads regarding the CF hood not fitting properly. Norms hood the only way to go if your objective is saving weight.

Pontiac Solstice Project V8 Body Final Assembly Photo 1[/QUOTE
I have read several posts on these carbon fibre hoods and they all say that they have fitment issues ( bad gaps) Tony one of our supporting vendors ASAP Grafix had one for sale ealier this year because of the fitment problems .Once again Norm makes a great product and RK Sports makes a nice looking hood

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank ya thank ya everyone for the welcoming and for all the information.... It's not really a "saving weight" thing for me as just an idea that popped into my head. More from an "aesthetic" looking viewpoint, given that the car is silver and black. If I have to, I'll probably just grab the E-bayer fenders that I found, and do the paint code matching, spray them up thing. Going to read some more about the headlight mod. I did the lights on the ol Cougar, but I used that Armor All stuff that is a Plasti Dip knock off. (simply because I really suck at painting), lol.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome, Nocell. Is that an adjective or an attitude?!:) The power is real, even in an NA. The roadster feel comes from the open-to-the-air reality. Arguably, the performance in straight-line numbers is comparable to the 67 Shelby 350! Probably still want the Sol for the curves, though.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Hi Nocell, welcome aboard. Hope you are enjoying our Houston winter weather. Had my top down all weekend.

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Referring to screen name?

Welcome, Nocell. Is that an adjective or an attitude?!:) The power is real, even in an NA. The roadster feel comes from the open-to-the-air reality. Arguably, the performance in straight-line numbers is comparable to the 67 Shelby 350! Probably still want the Sol for the curves, though.
If you are referring to the screen name, it is an abbreviated form of my email address. nocellndrive4me.... I refuse to pick that thing up and talk while driving...especially down here with all the "dimwits" behind the wheel....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Top down

Hi Nocell, welcome aboard. Hope you are enjoying our Houston winter weather. Had my top down all weekend.
I had it down as well.....but primarily while working on her....lol....yeah this Houston weather just suuuuuucks don't it??....:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Weather huh? Well up here in Canada, the Cherry blossoms are in bloom ...................................................................................................................................no wait ..........................that's ice on the branches. Darn!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts