Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 22k creampuff with all available options in Pure with black interior. Question for you all is I believe other than the oil being regularly changed, all other fluids are original. Any issues in changing all? coolant, trans and brake fluid etc...

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too would like to know the answer to this question....as I will changing fluids on my recently purchased 2007 GXP (a couple more miles, but not much, and fewer options than this one) Owner changed all fluids and has records of other service, but I didn't seem much in the way of radiator flush, rear diff, etc..

I'll have plenty of time to do stuff this weekend as I couldn't get a SoS appoint till Monday...

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
If doing them all yourself, the coolant is the hardest. You will certainly get a big air bubble that's a huge PITA to get out. There are instructions on DDMWorks website, and the use of an air lift tool will help. I did my thermostat 2 springs ago, and it took me 6 times with the air lift tool and a few drives and bleeds while warm to get the bubbles out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If doing them all yourself, the coolant is the hardest. You will certainly get a big air bubble that's a huge PITA to get out. There are instructions on DDMWorks website, and the use of an air lift tool will help. I did my thermostat 2 springs ago, and it took me 6 times with the air lift tool and a few drives and bleeds while warm to get the bubbles out.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Getting under the damned car is a bit of a challenge....I have lonnng wheel ramps on order. Should work, and the ramp itself is removable

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum nice find. I would probably change them all if they have never been changed. I change my coolant every 3 years. I do my fluid changes at the dealership since i do not have a place to do it were i live.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Echo the other's advice - change them all. You don't know what you have until you start anew.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts