Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the forum. I bought a 2007 GXP that shows 47,000 on the odometer. The car looks like it was not taken car of. Will need a paint job and new wheels along with a new front bumper and inner wheel tubs.

I was told by the seller the car would not run. Trailered it home and installed a new battery, it started right up. Then started an inspection. The intercooler has a hole in it as it looks like it hit a curb. Then after inspecting the Turbo, realized it was worn out.

So that is were I am hoping you can help. Any sources for a stock turbo and intercooler? Sources for aftermarket turbo and intercooler? Suggestions for an LS swap kit?

Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
15,999 Posts
Talk with Dave at Performance Autowerks about a conversion. He is the only? source for tuning and sells a number of do it yourself parts. He has done the most conversions of all the shops still doing it.

Check parts.com for factory parts. They bought up much of the stock when GM emptied their parts warehouses.

eBay frequently has new and used parts.

Hoosier is a member of this forum and has rebuilt about 20 kappas. He is a good source for parts.

There is an outfit in Orlando that sells recycled parts. Cant remember the name right now but I am sure someone will provide it.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
233 Posts
Redline auto parts is the place in Florida.

If you are on facebook, there are two groups that frequently sell used intercoolers/turbos/wheels/various other parts.

DDM, Performance Autowerks, and RPM will sell you all sorts of new parts.

The bumper will be by far the most expensive. It's still available from GM if your grill inserts are salvageable, but will need painted with the rest of the car.

Hopefully you did not pay too much for the car. For a modest paint job and all the other parts you've listed you're probably going to be in at least $5,000, maybe as much as $8,000, most of it in the paint. You can buy a good condition GXP for $10,000.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forum!

I have a turbo that I'd sell that has 37k miles on it. My engine had a piston deteriorate in it that let oil blow past it's rings and oil was sent into the turbo. Oil was never sent into my intercooler. Aside from oil being in the turbo I'm not sure that there's anything wrong with it. I can get a brand new turbo for $500 from ZZP as long as I'm buying a new engine from them as well, which I'm doing, so my old turbo will get replaced.

There's a GXP front bumper on Craigslist in Lebanon TN for $50 now.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Please document your project and take lots of photos

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I have gxp intercooler that has about 24000 miles on it and in great condition ,asking $200.00 and you pay for shipping.ps I live in virginia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bigzee and Saveaux,

I just sent you guys a PM inquiring about the used GXP IC (1st thing I need), and the turbo (most likely the 2nd thing I'm going to need). I'm in Kingsport, TN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts