Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member here.
I'm a new Solstice owner but not new to Pontiacs. I have had a '69 Firebird convertible sine '91 and also currently own an '08 Grand Prix (fully loaded, Ink Slate, my wife's daily driver) and a 2000 GrandAm GT coupe (silver, leather, my winter driver).
I'm recovering from a recent cancer episode that got me thinking about life and how to live it. That led to a search for a car to travel the country in and that is where the Solstice comes in. The search led me (I should say "us" because my wife was a big part of the decision making) to a 2008 GXP roadster a hundred miles south of here. I would have bought it on the spot but the owners wife wasn't sure she wanted to sell. Anyway, she gave in and now it is mine.
Here are the details: Color-Sly
Mileage:13,900
Options: Pretty much everything!
Other things about me; VietNam vet, married, kids and grand kids, semi retired remodeling contractor.
Waiting for summer and hoping to get to know others here on the forum.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Hank

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You are in good company here. Lots of us in very much the same situation. Take a look at the new owners checklist and of course read my Punisher thread to learn what not to do LOL

Also, read up on the Nationals in June. You can meet a lot of us there

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Welcome, couple of books worth buying to become familiar with the Kappa platform. BTW, look for used. Also, best time to buy parts is around major holidays when forum vendors run sales. If you do nothing else check into what's called the "brace bundle", and the General Motors Performance Tune, that will take you from 260HP to 290HP.

From concept to production.

Published back in 07, but still worth looking at.

·
Premium Member
10,332 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Welcome. Most of us are old guys to.
quite a difference from the group i was with before i sold that car and bought my solstice. (rochesterdsm - eclipses and talons). most of those guys are 1/3 my age. haha.

we'll have to get together and cruise in the spring. i'm in spencerport but closer to brockport.

and welcome hank!

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you have many miles of smiles.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Speak for yourself!!! lol

Welcome Hank. Good group of people here and I'm sure you'll enjoy their vast knowledge and helpfulness.
CW
You don't have time to be posting here. You are supposed to be working on the coupe graphic! LOL>:)>:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts