Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 07 GXP with 23,000 miles on it. Looks and runs like new. I am looking to customize and accessorize it to my liking. If anyone can offer websites or companies, that offer upgrades for lighting, stereo, exterior please let me know. I look forward to a positive and enjoyable experience with this little gem and this forum. Thank you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have read numerous concerns regarding electrical issues and glitches from subscribers here when they have made modifications. Just make sure you know what you are doing / having done. I would ask these guys here before embarking on such changes. Smart bunch. Enjoy your new ride. You are going to love it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
First mod I recommend is DDM Probeam:

I understand you are looking for upgrades for lighting, stereo, exterior but the above product fixes the only design flaw I noticed.

For stereo advice and purchase I recommend Crutchfield:

For lighting there are posts in this forum on ungluing the headlights to install projector beams and black surrounds. Unfortunately a simple kit with everything you need is not available for purchase anywhere.

For exterior, try Norm's:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just bought an 07 GXP with 23,000 miles on it. Looks and runs like new. I am looking to customize and accessorize it to my liking. If anyone can offer websites or companies, that offer upgrades for lighting, stereo, exterior please let me know. I look forward to a positive and enjoyable experience with this little gem and this forum. Thank you.
The only mod that won't cause problems I am told is replacing the standard Air Cleaner with a High Flow K & N.

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
That is not quite correct the K&N air filter is oiled and have cause problem with the MAF. Lots of people reported this issue and as John said it just for looks it does not give any gains.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That is not quite correct the K&N air filter is oiled and have cause problem with the MAF. Lots of people reported this issue and as John said it just for looks it does not give any gains.
You can buy a DDM Cold Air Intake that's dry and uses no oil like I did.
Little more aggressive sound and gets rid of all the plastic junk of the stock air intake.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can buy a DDM Cold Air Intake that's dry and uses no oil like I did.
Little more aggressive sound and gets rid of all the plastic junk of the stock air intake.
I think that may be because many over-oil them. I've had no problem with mine. Of course last I checked I only have 20,000 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i recommend the DDM work center console. after having the 3 different drink spill over onto the seat; it was worth the cost to have actual cupholders, keeping a serious wrench in the glovebox to adjust the hook on the top is handy if you cannot get the hook to set in the latch.

on the original topic, I am also got a new to me gxp.

i have had it for 3 years but only drove it about once a week when the weather was nice, but have been forced to drive it daily as I am looking for a new jeep and trying tokeep the mileage down on my existing one for sellability; felt more in power vs other vehicles in the jeep but I blow by most anything I think might be an issue(drivers on their phones) in the gxp. so I looked online and unless a gxp has less than 10,000 miles; you will not get a good price if you decide to sell it and I am at 35,000 miles; so I figure i'll now drive both cars regularly unless serious rain is coming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts