Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a new member of the Forum, but have been a 'lurker' for quite some time. I wanted to wait until I got my car before joining and I picked it up yesterday, so here I am.

First off, I would like to say thanks to everyone for helping me keep my sanity over the past 6-1/2 months. I ordered my Solstice on 15 April and to say my experience from that time 'til yesterday was interesting would be a major understatement.

I guess in the Solstice world all's well that ends well and , now that the car is safely tucked away in the garage, I can say that - at least in my case - it was worth the wait.

Best,
Skip

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting your car!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It does feel like you have obtained a treasure. Good Luck with your new car. The fun is just beginning. :lurk: Mitch

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Way to go Skip you will injoy the car. Thanks for dropping in, more to come so stick around. Remember. If you can find a better car buy it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
WOOHOO!!

Congratulations!! Looks like another fellow Texas Solstice owner!!

:) :)

By the way, what is your VIN#, along with the colors and options??

- bspate -

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bspate said:
WOOHOO!!
By the way, what is your VIN#, along with the colors and options??

- bspate -
VIN# 1902, Mysterious, Steel/Sand interior, w/ everything except OnStar, XM Radio and polished aluminum wheels.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome
Skip

·
Registered
729 Posts
Skip Greenwade said:
VIN# 1902, Mysterious, Steel/Sand interior, w/ everything except OnStar, XM Radio and polished aluminum wheels.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome
Skip
Ah, nice!! :yesnod: I bet that color combination looks great in person. Post some pictures when you get a chance. I can host them for you if you need me to.

- bspate -

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Congratulations, Skip. :party:

Glad there's another one here in north Houston. MARiSOL was feeling lonely. We need to get together. I'm over at Lake Forest Pools often, 1960 east of Humble. The owner lives close to you, Huffman.

From which dealer did you purchase? Mine was Champion on 1960 at I-45. Charged me $3000 over MSRP, take it or leave it. They didn't even tell me about the premium until five months after I gave them my deposit, the rats! I'm telling everybody to go to Beck & Masten, they are a good dealer. Champion is owned by Auto Nation, and they suck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought mine from Casa Pontiac in Baytown. No premium...sticker plus TT&L :)

I will have to relate my experience to everyone:

I ordered the car on 15 April, put down a deposit ($500.00) and begain "the wait". The salesman who originally took my order was less than impressive, but I figured, 'what the hell, all he's doing at this point is writing down what I tell him'

I have a good friend whose dad is an executive with GM. When he heard that I had a Sol on order, he asked me for my order number and said he'd have his dad check in on it for me from time to time. Imagine my surprise (and a few other emotions!) when he called me in mid-June and said that order number was not in the system.

I called the dealer, learned that the salesman no longer worked there and was put in touch with a great guy who worked in the parts department. He checked with the Dealer Business Center, called me back in about 10 minutes' time and admitted that no one knew what happened, but that my order was indeed nowhere to be found. He gave me a new order number, which essentially meant that the previous two months were lost and I was starting over. He did offer to follow up weekly with an update, but we agreed that it would be best if I just checked in with hinm occasionally.

Things rocked along until I called him on 03 October. He said he was glad I called, because, "the strangest thing happened" - my original order re-surfaced with a different order number and I now had two identical cars on order, one at 3100 and one in transit - talk about an emotional roller-coaster!

Now, some three weeks later I have the car in the garage and have almost forgotten all the anxious moments. As I said before, I would have preferred a little smoother transaction, but it was worth it. No ill will toward the dealer, as I truly believe it was beyond their control and I can't say enough about my contact at the dealership...he was genuinely concerned and worked his a** off to make things right.

If you haven't gotten your car yet, or if you have a story that can top that one, hang in there

Skip

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Yea, I bought my 1984 Mustang convertible from Baytown Ford (now Casa Ford). They were a good dealer. Not like Champion Pontiac, the scum!

Fun times in Crosby!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Congratulations, Skip. :party:

Glad there's another one here in north Houston. MARiSOL was feeling lonely. We need to get together. .
Welcome Skip - I was lurking and joined 2 days ago. But I don't have mine yet :cryin: Maybe Santa can bring it.

I've got a GREAT IDEA for Skip and Gizmo2004. Why not cruise to KY! You could visit all the forum members along the way. ;)

Congrats on your Solsti.... in TX you can probably cruise top down all year long. I bought my Miata in Dallas.... 2001 with almost 100,000 miles so someones driving the heck out of roadsters.

·
Registered
38 Posts
:party: :party: :party:

Alright Skip! Congrats on the new Solstice! There's going to be a meet at
Texas Motor Speedway on Nov. 12, at noon, gate 7. I plan on being there,
and hope all who have a Sol. can make it, too. I hope you have as much fun
driving your new Solstice as I am having!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
KySol said: "I've got a GREAT IDEA for Skip and Gizmo2004. Why not cruise to KY! You could visit all the forum members along the way."

That's a great idea. Kentucky is such a beautiful state. Wouldn't that be a sight, two Solsti cruising along all the way, maybe adding some more along the way! hmmm, wonder where Bob Lutz lives? We could just form a convoy and all show up there to tell him thanks!

KySol said: "in TX you can probably cruise top down all year long."

I got mine October 15. Did it come with a top? Haven't put it up yet!

KySol said: 2001 with almost 100,000 miles so someones driving the heck out of roadsters."

Yep, they were made to be driven. and driven. and driven.

Be seeing you soon, runt! How about you, Skip? You going up to Dallas for the TX-OK meet Nov 12?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
KYSol said:
I've got a GREAT IDEA for Skip and Gizmo2004. Why not cruise to KY! You could visit all the forum members along the way. ;)
Sorry, but Gizmo can't pull himself away from his computer long enough to take a trip in his Sol. Ten years from now he will have about 10,000 miles on the car! :D

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I'm working in Taiwan until mid Nov - I would like to say I've been sight seeing, but being able to spend hrs on the Sostice forum is such a treat! Don't get to do this stuff at home with everything else going on.

GIZMO: "Did it come with a top?" - LOVE IT.

Spare room is ready and we'll kick our cars into the driveway if a couple Solsti come for a visit! I make an awesome smoked beef brisket and smoked chicken!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts