Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my turn signal switch with the OEM part because the left signal was not self-canceling. I followed the instructions on this forum and it wasn’t a bad job. Finally got the car out on the road yesterday and neither the left nor the right is self-canceling. What did I do wrong?

·
Super Moderator
7,002 Posts
I am going to guess that there is an alignment issue, and the actuator on the steering shaft isn't contacting the release cam on the switch.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
I replaced my turn signal switch with the OEM part because the left signal was not self-canceling. I followed the instructions on this forum and it wasn’t a bad job. Finally got the car out on the road yesterday and neither the left nor the right is self-canceling. What did I do wrong?
Haven't had a problem with this on the solstice but have on other cars. One thing I would suggest if you haven't tried already. Make sure the front wheels are pointed straight ahead first, then remove the turn signal switch. Make sure the turn signal switch is in the neutral (center) position and replace the switch. On some cars, if this isn't done, the actuator pin can end up on the wrong side of the turn signal toggle when it is installed and won't function properly. Just a guess based on other cars but it might work on the sol too. Let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to you both. I’ll try to reinstall it and report back.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Thanks to you both. I’ll try to reinstall it and report back.
I forgot to mention, If the switch is returning mechanically to its neutral position after turning right or left, it could be an electrical problem. Make sure that the plugs that go into the switch module are clean and all the pins and wires are tight.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
I took it apart and found that the switch had become unseated From its ”holder”. It is now firmly in place and should be fine. (Will take it out on the road tomorrow.)

Thanks again for your help!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Switch, not swipe. Damned autocorrect!

·
Super Moderator
7,002 Posts
I took it apart and found that the swipe had become unseated From its ”holder”. It is now firmly in place and should be fine. (Will take it out on the road tomorrow.)

Thanks again for your help!
That's great. Glad it was something easily fixable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid GM $150 to fix mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts