Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI. I just got an 07 GXP a couple of weeks ago and love it (technically it is my wife's ride but I can't keep my hands off it). I'm still learning about it and so forgive me if I don't yet know all the right things to call parts and stuff. I have been lurking here for a week or so and finally decided to join today because something happened. When I hit the button to start taking the top down and the two wings popped up from the holes in the deck lid, one of the chrome rings around the whole came off. Is there any special adhesive I need to stick this back down? My wife hasn't seen it yet and I'd like to be able to prevent any freakouts by having a plan.
If this has been covered before or if I need to post this question to a specific part of the forum please let me know.
On a side note, I've decided to paint my '86 Fiero to match the Solstice (it's the dark blue) so we can park them side by side at shows.
Thanks everybody.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Welcome to the forum you might want to try 3M Black Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive available at any good auto parts store

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
They are held on with 3m tape. This is so they can be removed if necessary

Adhesive or glue would leave residue and cause problems in the future

Clean the trunk lid with alcohol, remove any residual tape and apply new double sided trim tape you can get it at any auto parts store. It's red and comes in different widths

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are held on with 3m tape. This is so they can be removed if necessary

Adhesive or glue would leave residue and cause problems in the future

Clean the trunk lid with alcohol, remove any residual tape and apply new double sided trim tape you can get it at any auto parts store. It's red and comes in different widths
I learn something new everyday, thanks Rob! I have this 3M stuff on hand for almost anything build these days. Used on the door sill trim pieces the other day, damn chrome name plates just like to come off in the heat!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
If you want to order a new one this is what I found.

Nally Buick GMC has that part numbers listed as 15292357 15233583. It's called; ORNAMENTATION/BODY; REAR COMPARTMENT HARDWARE

15292357 comes up on Ebay as the right GM OEM Trunk Lid-Plate Right.
15233583 does not come up at all on Nally or Ebay, the part number defaults to 15292357.

I'm going to assume 15292357 will fit on the right or left side.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I've used the 3M stuff on some emblems that were just too narrow for the tape if I had to remove them a little mineral spirits cleaned up the residue with no problems but as usual your right in this application Rob the tape completely slipped my mind .

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I've purchased the 3M emblem tape before, and even though it may be only a couple of millimeters thick, is still too thick for me because the emblem is not flush w/the body panel. Whereas the OEM emblem tape is Scotch tape thin, and sits completely flush on the body panel.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I've purchased the 3M emblem tape before, and even though it may be only a couple of millimeters thick, is still too thick for me because the emblem is not flush w/the body panel. Whereas the OEM emblem tape is Scotch tape thin, and sits completely flush on the body panel.
I'll be replacing mine soon I'm going to glass bead them and shoot them black I've got some thin 3M tape that I got at an auto paint store if this does not work I'll try some 3M adhesive that I mentioned in my first post

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Welcome, GC. Looks like the members (as usual) have answered your question.

Share photos!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts