Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
Sorry, had heart surgery so haven’t been able to follow up. Will attempt in near future.

Hello, just checking back for an update on this and hoping for some good news!

Sorry to hear! Hope you are recovering well!
I was able to go to the auto upholsterer yesterday and I took my cushions to him. I told him to make 5 sets, console & arm rests. I don’t know the cost yet, which I don’t like, but remembered when they did mine, I thought it was reasonable. So I should have five sets for sale around the end of the year.

Reactions: HHGadget
Assuming they are black with red stitching or black with black stitching please sign me up for a set :)

I ordered black with the gray stitching. Oem was either red or gray stitching. I may be able to have a couple done with red stitching, I’ll call them.

Mike,
I would like a set of black with black stitching.
I’ll see about black stitching. I wouldn’t thing stitching should make a difference to them. So far I just ordered with gray stitching. I will call to see about black if your sure that is what you want

Reactions: jon72vega
I’ll see about black stitching. I wouldn’t thing stitching should make a difference to them. So far I just ordered with gray stitching. I will call to see about black if your sure that is what you want
Black or grey, either is fine with me.

Mike,

Responded to PM sent earlier. Forgot about thread color, but red or black would work, red preferred since it's for the GXP with red. Check the PM, please.

Thank you, Richard Snipes
I am with Richard, would gladly take black with Red Stitching. Also happy to compensate you for your time on this....
Love to see a picture of the one you ordered when you get it too :)

I am with Richard, would gladly take black with Red Stitching. Also happy to compensate you for your time on this....
Here are a couple pictures of the pads. I have two Solstices that I’ve had them in for years. The ones in my convert was made by CarolinaCustoms back in 2009. I had the local auto upholstery place copy those for my coupe maybe five years ago. The upholsterer sent to console pad out to have gxp embroidered. Took a while and job wasn’t that great. So I just ordered plain pads like in my vert. You can see the thickness and how they look. I couldn’t post the pictures on this reply?? I’ll post it on the thread.

Here are a couple pictures of the pads. I have two Solstices that I’ve had them in for years. The ones in my convert was made by CarolinaCustoms back in 2009. I had the local auto upholstery place copy those for my coupe maybe five years ago. The upholsterer sent to console pad out to have gxp embroidered. Took a while and job wasn’t that great. So I just ordered plain pads like in my vert. You can see the thickness and how they look. I couldn’t post the pictures on this reply?? I’ll post it on the thread.
I’ll send you a pm picture!

Got it. See pictures attached

Attachments

Reactions: HHGadget
I use velcro to attach them. Now best is to find a HD commercial type. I've found that if it is very hot out that sometimes the velcro glue will heat up and want to slide. I'll try to figure what I'm using right now that has been doing very well.

I was able to go to the auto upholsterer yesterday and I took my cushions to him. I told him to make 5 sets, console & arm rests. I don’t know the cost yet, which I don’t like, but remembered when they did mine, I thought it was reasonable. So I should have five sets for sale around the end of the year.
Thanks very much Mike; I will need a set of just the arm rests (without the console piece), in black with red stitching to match my seat covers. I appreciate your efforts here!

Scott

Thanks very much Mike; I will need a set of just the arm rests (without the console piece), in black with red stitching to match my seat covers. I appreciate your efforts here!

Scott
Happy New Year Mike! Just checking in to see where this stands. Thanks!

Happy New Year Mike! Just checking in to see where this stands. Thanks!
I’m not getting a good feeling that they will be done soon. I told them I needed them by end of next week. I plan on going there Monday to check status. Think the big jobs take priority, which I do understand. Big problem is we head for FL for the winter. May have to get my son to pick up and then figure how to get to those interested. I’ll let you know soon what. Is up! Mike

I’m not getting a good feeling that they will be done soon. I told them I needed them by end of next week. I plan on going there Monday to check status. Think the big jobs take priority, which I do understand. Big problem is we head for FL for the winter. May have to get my son to pick up and then figure how to get to those interested. I’ll let you know soon what. Is up! Mike
Thanks for the update; hopefully there will be some good progress when you check in with them. Will look forward to hearing then.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.