Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a Weld Ventura S104 Wheel in 18" X 8.5 - 5X110 - 38mm offset - 72.56 bore

The wheels are 1/2" wider and the offset is 17 mm or .69" less than the stock 55 mm offset.

I plan on mounting the stock 245/45 18 tires

From my calculations, the wheel will stick out further than the stock wheels by 23 mm or .91 inch

My GXP is at stock ride height, not lowered.

I measured on the car and it looks like it might stick out but tough to determine interference.

Will the tires rub on the fenders or wheel opening with these wheels?

Will they stick out past the fenders.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ghost wrote on his post "Wheel Offset":

"I just went with +40 offset, 8.5" width rim and a 255 tire. Mine do not stick out past the fender. 8.5" width would be .25" further out because the factory wheels are 8" width. So technically mine would have the same stance as a +33.6mm offset on an 8" width wheel because .25" is 6.35mm."

His 40 mm offset with new wheels is 2 mm less than the Weld wheels with 38 mm offset which means that mine would stick out 2 mm more than his - about 1/16". Will that be an issue?

The pictures of his car shows no stick out:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
You "should" be okay. You'll be close. I've heard 2 offsets with my wheels, +40 and +38. Mine are 19x8.5" and work fine. The biggest concern would be do you have enough clearance for the front brake caliper. I never thought out it and have about 5mm. I also had to shave off the useless drive shaft that sticks out 2" longer then it needs to to get my center caps on my wheels.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You "should" be okay. You'll be close. I've heard 2 offsets with my wheels, +40 and +38. Mine are 19x8.5" and work fine. The biggest concern would be do you have enough clearance for the front brake caliper. I never thought out it and have about 5mm. I also had to shave off the useless drive shaft that sticks out 2" longer then it needs to to get my center caps on my wheels.

Yes, I'll need to trim the protrusion.

I'm buying the wheels from Carid and they "Guarantee the fit".

Is your car lowered?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
No. Mine is stock suspension.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pulled the trigger this afternoon.

More to buying wheels than just the wheels:

TPMS sensors. Mine are original.