·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new wheel and tire, bummer! :cryin

Anyone know of good deals!

Wheel: Hart Racing 17" on the MSM
Tire: Toyo Proxies

D*MN CURBS! :mad

Mostly my fault, I'm too used to the 4x4 which can bounce off of those dumb curb lips if you cut it too tight into a parking lot.

No looking for :nopity, just some good advice

Thanks All!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
http://www.tirerack.com/ is a great place to find a very large assortment of tires and rims. Problem is the only place I bet you're going to get another rim just like your originals is to find an auction on ebay of someone selling one, a resseller who sells Mazda official parts, or from a Mazda dealer.

If the damage isn't too bad you could always have a machine shop fix your rim for you too.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks brentil!

I'm checking with my insurance tomorrow to see what they would cover. my dedutibles are low, but not sure what they cover in the way of wheels and tires. I'll go from there. Repairing has been suggested elsewhere, so I'll be looking into that as well.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
You may want to try Miata.net and see if someone is selling one. There are also a couple wheel collision places where you can send the wheel, and they will send you another identical wheel they have already repaired/refinished.

Does your MSM not have rim protecting tires? I have some aftermarket 17's on my Fiero, and was able to get a set of tires with a really stiff band that sticks out from the tire that helps protect the rims from curb damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts