Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, finally had the chance to get these installed and the car washed in order to show off the new wheels.
These replaced the stock chrome wheels.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
278 Posts
Holly finally came out and had a bath this weekend as well. The wheels look great! Look forward to seeing them in person.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks good, however everytime I see a stock ride height Solstice, it is begging to be dropped! I feel like the guys on the VW forum because all they tell people is "more low" but it really does make a nice difference on our cars.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good, however everytime I see a stock ride height Solstice, it is begging to be dropped! I feel like the guys on the VW forum because all they tell people is "more low" but it really does make a nice difference on our cars.

I hear you Silverfox but as mentioned this is the wife's car and she's just not into that sort of thing. I tried to convince her to get a Solo performance exhaust installed after I had one put in my Camaro and she said no! Simply put, this is not a battle worth fighting for.
:lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I can completely understand that! I have modified my girlfriend's Jetta quite a bit, but it's not the easiest to convince or explain the reason behind our mod addictions.

·
Premium Member
2007 Solstice GXP, Automatic,
433 Posts
They look great Howie and look lighter than stock.

They look awesome. Can't wait to see them live.

What are some of the specs such as diameter, width, weight, backspace, offset, what tires do you have on them, etc.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They look awesome. Can't wait to see them live.

What are some of the specs such as diameter, width, weight, backspace, offset, what tires do you have on them, etc.
Pretty close to stock OEM size. Here`s the specs:
18 x 7.5
5 x 110
+65 Offset
Weight: 26.6 lbs

Required four (one per wheel) hub adapters to get from 65 to 55. The tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the stock OEM size all around.

·
Premium Member
2007 Solstice GXP, Automatic,
433 Posts
Pretty close to stock OEM size. Here`s the specs:
18 x 7.5
5 x 110
+65 Offset
Weight: 26.6 lbs

Required four (one per wheel) hub adapters to get from 65 to 55. The tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the stock OEM size all around.
Looks like the hub adapters are 10 mm thick and the wheel weight is the same as the OEM wheels at 26 pounds. The wheels actually look lighter that stock particularly since they are 0.5" more narrow than stock and appear less massive. As a comparison, my new TSW Interlagos wheels are 18 x 9 and weigh only 18.3 pounds each. Maybe yours are made out of a heavier alloy.

Can't wait to see them. Hope things are going great for you and your honey!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't wait to get back to madding my Janet. The fiancee and I have split so no more money goes to the scion (though a bit more went there then I would like to admit) just ordered a JWM shifter and wheels are next, come tax time I'm going SC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts