Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just double checking to make sure these fit...
18x8, +42 offset, 5x110 bolt pattern, hub 65.1

From my research it looks to work and will be pushed outward 13mm or about 1/2 inch if stock tires are used.

Bolt pattern and hub are the same-right? Stock is 18x8, 5x110 and +55 - right?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And what brand TPMS do you recommend? Any differences between Dorman or standard motor? Those are the most common brands that come up. Also found oro brand and replacement brand.

If there was a way to defeat the tpms I would not purchase these but dont want to stare at the light everyday...I did that in a Denali and it was not worth the savings.

·
Registered
233 Posts
you can take the TPMS off your stock wheels and put them on the new ones I did that with mine I bought rebuild kits for them at about $5 each kit at local parts store

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
you can take the TPMS off your stock wheels and put them on the new ones I did that with mine I bought rebuild kits for them at about $5 each kit at local parts store
Interesting. What does the rebuild kit comprise? Just new batteries?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought about that, but still time consuming and tire shops want money to break tiers down enough to pull out.

Interesting. What does the rebuild kit comprise? Just new batteries?
Rebuild kit is basically a special valve stem for the TPMS sensor to mount. Coupling, shrader valve nut...nothing for the actual sensor.

Any comment on rims fitting?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
You are right on as far as the specs in your first post, from everything I've seen. And yes a +42 ET compared to a +55 ET means they will stick out 13mm more.

Stock:

18x8
55mm offset
65.1mm center bore
5x110mm PCD
~26 lbs (24.6 – 27)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just put wheels with 40mm offset on mine. Looks great. Lines up perfect with the fender.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts