Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody think that they will have a Solstice there with a working top and show pictures of the trunk?? I really hope so!! its getting too close to production not to have shown this already!!! They better have it!!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath but maybe since NY is a big show maybe they'll have a surprise of some kind like being able to sit in it.

Remember GM....Mazda will be on the other end of the floor making all kinds of noise about their new MX-5 ;)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I would think it would be there. Mazda is planning to make it's North American debut of the MX-5 there, so one would think GM would try to take some of the edge off their buzz. Also it is close to the time that GM will have to spill the beans about the top. I think they said that participating dealers in the early order program were to get a video instructing them in the use of the top in the first week of April, so they might show the top there.... unless they're embarrased about it.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Public Show Dates Friday March 25th through Sunday April 3rd
Press Preview Wednesday March 23rd & Thursday March 24th

http://www.autoshowny.com/dates/
Hmmmm March 23rd. That's the same day as the satalite broadcast about The Apprentice 1000 cars. I wonder if it's just coincidence or if there's a link there.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
mceb said:
I wouldn't hold my breath but maybe since NY is a big show maybe they'll have a surprise of some kind like being able to sit in it.

;)
A friend of mine pre-ordered a Thunderbird a few years back, and he said that when he showed a copy of his order to the NY Auto show folks, they allowed him to sit in the car. I think I will be bringing a copy of my order along with me just in case. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
A friend of mine pre-ordered a Thunderbird a few years back, and he said that when he showed a copy of his order to the NY Auto show folks, they allowed him to sit in the car. I think I will be bringing a copy of my order along with me just in case. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try.
Hey not a bad idea, I'll bring mine and beg :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
dengel said:
Make sure to pop open the trunk while you're in the car. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts