Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had not seen a Solstice on the road in Charlotte since I heard about them. On my way to the dealer I finally saw one - aggressive just like what I was about to order. I knew I had to do it after that sighting.

I have a few questions. I want to order exactly what is below.
Can I do this or do I need to upgrade the stereo to get the Monsoon package? My dealer told me the Monsoon comes with the Premium Pkg - which I do not want. Has anyone ordered just like below or similar?
Also, I would like to drive the car but have not found a way yet. Anyone in the Charlotte, NC or South Carolina area willing to take a guy for a ride????
Last question - anyone know how to correct the spelling of my username?

I used to own a Z3 and went on many "drives". I am hoping to do the same with the Sol next year.
Thank in advance,
Steve

2006 Pontiac Solstice
Aggressive (Red)
Antilock brakes
Air Conditioning
Floor Mats
Monsoon Premium Audio
Convenience Package
Power Package
Limited Slip Differential

·
Registered
39 Posts
monsoon

I believe you have to order one of the upgraded radios in order to get Monsoon. The mp3 radio is an extra $195

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
According to Autobok, the only restrictions on the Monsoon are as follows:

Not available with (U1C) Sound System. (This is the lowest level stereo, which is included in the base model.)
Required when (U2K) Sound System feature XM Satellite Radio and (UE1) Onstar are ordered together.

The better stereo with the single CD is code US8 and costs $195, and the "best" stereo with the 6-CD changer is code US9 and costs $495. (US9 does require the purchase of Monsoon Speake package. Not sure about the US8).

Either way, you don't need to buy the Premium Package to get the Monsoon Speakers. You only need to upgrade the stereo for $195 or $495.

So it looks like you need to upgrade to one of the two better stereos in order to order the Monsoon speaker system.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Solsitcesteve said:
I had not seen a Solstice on the road in Charlotte since I heard about them. On my way to the dealer I finally saw one - aggressive just like what I was about to order. I knew I had to do it after that sighting.

I have a few questions. I want to order exactly what is below.
Can I do this or do I need to upgrade the stereo to get the Monsoon package? My dealer told me the Monsoon comes with the Premium Pkg - which I do not want. Has anyone ordered just like below or similar?
Also, I would like to drive the car but have not found a way yet. Anyone in the Charlotte, NC or South Carolina area willing to take a guy for a ride????
Last question - anyone know how to correct the spelling of my username?

I used to own a Z3 and went on many "drives". I am hoping to do the same with the Sol next year.
Thank in advance,
Steve

2006 Pontiac Solstice
Aggressive (Red)
Antilock brakes
Air Conditioning
Floor Mats
Monsoon Premium Audio
Convenience Package
Power Package
Limited Slip Differential
To summarize what the others have mentioned:

You would have an MSRP of $22,235 but without Monsoon and Convenience.

To add monsoon, which is $395, you must add at least the MP3, which is $195. Or you could add the 6 CD, which is $495.

To add convenience, which is $465, you must add premium, which is $690.

So, for all that you want, plus the required MP3 and premium package, the MSRP would be $23,980.

I hope this helps in your decision making.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Non premium

I would never argue with the "veterans" here but I have pulled up several window stickers off the pontiac site that show cars with the conv pkg but w/o the premium pkg. I came up with an MSRP of $23,290 when adding the single CD/MP3 to above.

Here is an example (if it works) of one I pulled of the site w/o prem pkg. I did not look close but subtract XM and add Monsoon and this is my car.
MSRP
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE*:$19,420.00
XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE
FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
$325.00
AIR CONDITIONING
$960.00
SMOKERS PACKAGE
$40.00
18" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
(REPLACES STD/OPT WHEELS)
$545.00
CARPETED FRONT FLOORMATS
$60.00
AM/FM RADIO W/CD &MP3 PLAYER
(REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO)
$195.00
CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
CRUISE CONTROL
DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
STEERING WHEEL-MOUNTED CRUISE
& DRIVER INFO. CENTER CONTROLS
INTEGRATED FRONT FOG LAMPS
$465.00
POWER PACKAGE
POWER DOOR LOCKS
REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
POWER WINDOWS
OUTSIDE REARVIEW PWR MIRRORS
$625.00
LTD SLIP REAR DIFFERENTIAL
$195.00
TOTAL OPTIONS:$3,410.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS:$22,830.00
DESTINATION CHARGE:$575.00
Total vehicle Prices*:$23,405.00

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Solsitcesteve said:
I would never argue with the "veterans" here but I have pulled up several window stickers off the pontiac site that show cars with the conv pkg but w/o the premium pkg. I came up with an MSRP of $23,290 when adding the single CD/MP3 to above.
Thats because you CAN get the Convenience Package WITHOUT the Premium Package. (You end up with a steering wheel with Cruise Control and DIC controls on the left side only.)

But if you buy the Premium Package, you are REQUIRED to buy the Convenience Package. (You get a steering wheel with the Cruise and DIC on the left and Stereo controls on the right.)

The difference is that the premium package includes the steering wheel mounted radio controls, which I assume already has the convenience package steering wheel controls already built in.

So it is not a reciprocal relationship between the two packages. (Sorry, I've been working all day. Can't get my head out work mode.)

So, in summary, you can buy JUST the Convenience Package, but you can't buy JUST the Premium Package. Buying the Premium Package forces the addition of the Convenience Package.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I was only going by the pontiac.com site.

When I "build my pontiac," if I don't select premium package, the convenience package does not appear at all. That's why I assumed that you had to have premium to get convenience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts