Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi to everyone-i'm new here & found you guys' while Googling for "solstice with it's top on" (thank you for the pic) :smile I've learned alot reading through your Faq & different threads. I've always owned Pontiac's-from the time i was 'young' (used Trans Am & Fiero) to the past few new cars (Grand Am's & Grand Prix's). I am so psyched over the Solstice/Sky introductions! I live near Detroit so hubby & i are avid car show attendee's-he just bought a black Canyon crew cab Z71, wanting it ever since he saw it at the last Auto Show-it's the first non-leased vehicle he's ever owned & he loves it. Me, i couldn't be tied down like that :smile

Nice to meet you all!

Laurie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Welcome Laurie to Solstice central :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
763 Posts
another newbie

Hey I've been reading the forums for months now, and i finally went ahead and joined. Well anyhow Im hoping to get a solstice as a graduation present when they come out. My grandpa is a retired gm employee so i had to choose a gm to get the discount :smile
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
Hey I've been reading the forums for months now, and i finally went ahead and joined. Well anyhow Im hoping to get a solstice as a graduation present when they come out. My grandpa is a retired gm employee so i had to choose a gm to get the discount :smile

Hi GrandSoulStice,

From what I heard, and it is a huge a bummer, there will be no discounts on this car. I started a thread on Purchasing and members have given some great replies, but the opinion was no GMS Pricing (GM Family Member discount).

However, as a fellow GM Employee Family Member, I'm all ears on any other discount ideas ;-)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
welcome DDriver and GradSol.....

GradSol, a recent grad may get a grad discount depending on time of year, but you already know that..........

Rodeo :smile
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
Welcome to you both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
763 Posts
:mad really?! no discounts, oh well as long as they (my parents) dont find out for awhile, and I actually didnt know that about the grad discounts. Can you give me any info about them?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
:mad really?! no discounts, oh well as long as they (my parents) dont find out for awhile, and I actually didnt know that about the grad discounts. Can you give me any info about them?
usually $500 and usually around dads day and grads day each year (~june). although, Miata had it recently (january) so it may not be exclusive to grad time of year!

anyone have more on the grad discounts for GRadSoulS

RODEO
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Welcome to our new members in this thread! :thumbs Glad to see all of you joined and decided to participate in our excitement for the Solstice and Sky! I hope to see you around some more! :cheers
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,887 Posts
MisterE said:
Hi GrandSoulStice,

From what I heard, and it is a huge a bummer, there will be no discounts on this car. I started a thread on Purchasing and members have given some great replies, but the opinion was no GMS Pricing (GM Family Member discount).

However, as a fellow GM Employee Family Member, I'm all ears on any other discount ideas ;-)
Just wondering where you heard this. I'm surprised there are no discounts at all, as even the Vette qualifies for GMS pricing, though it's dealership dependant. I haven't heard in the past when GM has said NO corporate wide. I haven't been in the market for any of their "sporty" new releases or anything, so I haven't followed them, but last I knew all of the GM vehicles are currently available at GMS pricing... so this is disappointing if it's true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
rlhammon said:
Just wondering where you heard this. I'm surprised there are no discounts at all, as even the Vette qualifies for GMS pricing, though it's dealership dependant. I haven't heard in the past when GM has said NO corporate wide. I haven't been in the market for any of their "sporty" new releases or anything, so I haven't followed them, but last I knew all of the GM vehicles are currently available at GMS pricing... so this is disappointing if it's true.
List of vehicles that do not qualify for GM Employee, Dealership Employee, or GM Supplier Discounts for 2005 model year:

Cadillac
XLR - 2005 models are not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.
2004 model year XLR is available for GMS.

Chevrolet Cars
Classic (old body style Malibu) Ð Not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.
Corvette - GMS and stock sales to Supplier are eligible (effective 2/1/05 convertibles are not eligible for GMS).
Only eligible for the U6C portion of the Dealership Employee Purchase Program.

Chevrolet Trucks
Silverado 2500/2500HD - Orders must include a box (E63), no chassis (ZW9/9W9) models allowed.
Silverado 3500 - Orders must include a box (E63), no chassis (ZW9/9W9) models allowed.
Cutaway Vans - Not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.
Kodiak (C4500) - Not Available.

GMC
Sierra 2500/2500HD - Orders must include a box (E63), no chassis (ZW9/9W9) models allowed.
Sierra 3500 - Orders must include a box (E63), no chassis (ZW9/9W9) models allowed
Cutaway Vans - Not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.
TopKick (C4500) - Not available.

Pontiac
Grand Am Sedan - Not available for GM Employee, Supplier, or Dealership Employee Purchase.

I don't see why the Solstice wouldn't be eligible for GMS/Supplier/Dealership Purchase discounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
:mad really?! no discounts, oh well as long as they (my parents) dont find out for awhile, and I actually didnt know that about the grad discounts. Can you give me any info about them?
Are you graduating from high school or college? Grad discount only applies to college graduates.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top