Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a 2007 GXP with 47K miles here in central PA. Are there any habitual/common issues with these cars that I should look out for or ask the dealership to address?

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a 2007 GXP with 47K miles here in central PA. Are there any habitual/common issues with these cars that I should look out for or ask the dealership to address?
I can tell you, I've had mine for about 6 months....and I wouldn't trade "her" for the world. They are sweet little cars! There are some issues, but like I said in an earlier post about this same question, your looking at a 6 year old car. It's bound to have some issues. Even if you went out and bought a Honda, it's bound to have some issues.

Some of the common issues I've seen here in 6 months are:
waterpump
rear end leak
door seal leak

A few additional comments, if its a stick, see if the clutch has been replaced. See if there are any "goodies" on it....exhaust, gmpp tune, aftermarket tune....etc.

Also be aware of a few things with it. Everytime you change the oil, you must use Mobile 1, conventional oil WILL destroy the turbo. If you have it done at a dealer, they're not cheap (about $130 here in Detroit). You must run premium fuel. So if $0.30 extra a gallon is a deal breaker, walk away. There is limited trunk space, and none when the top is down.

Now that being said, they are little sophisticated rockets. If you like sports cars, and you've always wanted a Solstice, you WON'T be disappointed. They are incredible..... I read a post here yesterday that compared them to mini Corvettes....and they are.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Welcome I have had my 07 GXP for 3 years. The only issue I ever had was the rear seal, but once a year I top the rear off and it's find. Hope you buy it. It sounds like a good deal. Maybe we'll see you at one of the MASSC Runs. We have one coming up. The Buds & Blooms Run 4-20-13.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info guys. I'll be sure to check the rear end and the top operation when I go back to the dealership. In reality these issues and a 6 year old car sound awesome to me, my last toy was a 15 year old BMW M Roadster. That thing had issues and the cost to repair anything was outrageous. I'm looking forward to an American sports car.

Being short on storage doesn't bother me at all, this is my 3rd car. I just want a little lightweight toy for driving the back twisty roads around here.

Does $15,500 sound like the right price? It looks comparable to everything else for sale right now, even a little cheap.

Hopefully you guys will see pics of my new ride soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts