Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I joined the forum yesterday to vote in the "did you get one" poll (I did not - wait listed). But, in what I chose to see as a minor victory, I did get my promotional brochure w/ dvd. Couple things: that brochure the Apprentice contestant cooked up is not that nice, to my eye and taste. Also, the dvd appears devoid of the actual dvd content?! Anybody else get a defective dvd?

Anyway, here's hoping I become a Solstice owner within the next couple years.

Jim

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Dvd

My DVD worked perfectly. I was just underwhelmed with the level of content. Very light and PR'ish. No real content I felt.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The DVD was Pontiacs doing, the Appretntice group had nothing to do with it's making. I have to agree though, it's content was sorely lacking. From having onnly wire frame color models, to the stop animation roof operation that doesn't actually show how to do it all the way through.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sorry you didn't get a car. You guys don't make me want to run right out to find a brochure and DVD.

·
Registered
316 Posts
:agree:

I got the brochure and DVD too, and was disappointed. I think we all would have really liked to see some live video of the car, its workings and especially the top.

If Pontiac is listening to us, might I suggest they strongly consider posting some live video on their website that at least shows the top working. I am afraid they havent yet because they dont actually have a car built that is that close to a production model. Maybe we'll see more after production starts?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
"Build it and they will come".....NOT.....

This whole marketing approach is backwards.......Pontiac seem to be doing the reverse......."They will come and then build it"......The dvd and brochure are nothing new, some artists renditions and photos of the show car.

I wonder if they really have any schedule for manufacturing.

I wonder how true the colors are on the dvd. I don't think the black is screwed up.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts