Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!! I am new to this forum, although I have observed it for sometime. I ordered my solstice the first week of June. Unfortunately I wasn't one of the first 1K to have ordered it. When I called around for the solstice back in June, the dealer said it would be delivered in Sept. when I ordered it he told me Nov. I have not received any information from my dealer and after reading your posts about delays on builds, etc. I finally called my dealer and asked what's going on?? He proceeds to tell me everything looks good and is on schedule. I don't have a ship date nor a build date yet, but promises me it will be here in Nov. First of all, don't promise me that because if it doesn't then it's a huge let down!! Anyways, my question to the forum here is, from the time you ordered your car till you got your build date, how long was it?? When did the 1st 1K order your cars?? I'm trying to figure out if I should stick it out or if I should start shopping for something else. I really would love to have this car, but I do need a new car now. Hearing the rumor that all the 1K cars will be completed by the end of Oct. doesn't sound promising for a Nov. delivery date for me.

P.S. I called and asked for a VOM# and he didn't know what I was talking about, but gave me an order #. I found out that the dealership ordered 8, but he ordered them all at the same time. So I'm not sure what # I am or when he actually placed the order...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That's a difficult question. This is a new car, new architecture, new build process, etc, etc. The first 1000 are done and the last few are being shipped. Ask your dealer for the VOM number and a printout of the VOM DETAILED history. This will give you event codes, which you can check out here: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61885&postcount=5

This should give you a good start... come back with the info and keep looking on the forum...most people, including myself are posting our event codes and dates...in fact, i may build a database so everyone can track and get a feeling for the time it takes as the process starts clicking better at the factory. Good luck and welcome!

Edited: one more thing. Find out if you are the first allocation and what priority you are in his first allocation. If you are the 1st or 2nd priority, I would say you are in good shape.

·
Registered
148 Posts
From most of the comments and reviews I have read, the reviews are great from those that now have their Solstice........will be worth the wait.......got my Vin# today and shortly I hope to be adding my inputs to the forum.........GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
danilyn said:
Hello!! I am new to this forum, although I have observed it for sometime. I ordered my solstice the first week of June. Unfortunately I wasn't one of the first 1K to have ordered it. When I called around for the solstice back in June, the dealer said it would be delivered in Sept. when I ordered it he told me Nov. I have not received any information from my dealer and after reading your posts about delays on builds, etc. I finally called my dealer and asked what's going on?? He proceeds to tell me everything looks good and is on schedule. I don't have a ship date nor a build date yet, but promises me it will be here in Nov. First of all, don't promise me that because if it doesn't then it's a huge let down!! Anyways, my question to the forum here is, from the time you ordered your car till you got your build date, how long was it?? When did the 1st 1K order your cars?? I'm trying to figure out if I should stick it out or if I should start shopping for something else. I really would love to have this car, but I do need a new car now. Hearing the rumor that all the 1K cars will be completed by the end of Oct. doesn't sound promising for a Nov. delivery date for me.
I ask myseld the "should I stick it out?" question EVERYDAY and I have been asking that question since I ordered in March. So far I still have my order in and the way I look at it now is everyday is 1 day closer to getting the car. I don't know when the magical day will be, but everyday it gets closer to that day.

You can't susbstitue another car for the Solstice. We have seen countless posts from people who broke down and bought another car because they couldn't wait (we refer to those poeple at the "week ones" :lol: ) What keeps me going is that If I get another car then I know everytime I pass a Solstice on the road it's going to kill me that all I had to do was wait just a bit longer and that could have been me.

Don't give up the fight!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
..they are all liars, buddy

danilyn said:
my question to the forum here is, from the time you ordered your car till you got your build date, how long was it?? Hearing the rumor that all the 1K cars will be completed by the end of Oct. doesn't sound promising for a Nov. delivery date for me.
I ordered mine on April 15 along with a few thousand other people. My dealer keeps telling me it's been built, recalled, rebuilt, etc. I am not holding my breath. BTW I am NOT one of the 1st 1k.
:cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Danilyn,

I just got a call from my dealer earlier this week. He wanted to confirm some items so he could confirm it in the system. I also was assured my order would come in sometime November or possibly December. If you have a first four month allocation car then I think you are pretty safe in assuming that you will still get it in the first four months. Hold on, you'll kick yourself if you don't.

·
Registered
34 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
Ask your dealer for the VOM number and a printout of the VOM DETAILED history.
I called my salesman today trying to get the vom#. He says that I dont have one yet. I had ordered two weeks ago. Does it take this long to get the number (and yes, I understand it's going to be a lengthy process)? I am 10th on my dealer's allocation list and have a sneaking feeling that they didn't put the order in and are keeping me on deck in case one of the people ahead of me backs out. I can deal with that scenario but I want to be in the decision making loop.

I have another question. It's my understanding that all dealers first allocation was based on roadster sales in the region they are located, demographics, sales volume, crap like that. Is the second allocation to each dealer the same as the first allocation or do they adjust the numbers according to the actual orders each dealer has taken?

And welcome aboard Danilyn, I stumbled onto the Solstice recently too. If you really need a car you should consider buying a used car for cheap bucks with a high trade in value. You can use it in the meantime to get you over the hump till the car comes in and maybe knock a couple grand off the price of the Solstice. Thats my plan.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Newbies......(Search for Info)

Newbies, you can do a search by looking on the "Search" toolbar above. Tons of information regarding Allocation, VOMS, Order Numbers, etc. If you want updates on your order, there is a forum member named "Cadillacricket" that can search the VOMS system with your order number.
:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Danilyn, welcome to the forum. FYI ALL 1000 of the F1k (otherwise known as Apprentice cars) were ordered between 2:00 PM and 2:42 PM on 4/15/2005. First four month allocation cars are currently being produced.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ntouched said:
Newbies, you can do a search by looking on the "Search" toolbar above. Tons of information regarding Allocation, VOMS, Order Numbers, etc.
:yesnod:
True, there's a ton of information. I've read it all.

"What's a VOM?" has been beaten to death as a topic again and again and again. Almost as much as "GM / Pontiac suck" and "Hey dude! where's my car?"

Length of time it takes to get a vom number has not been covered at all.

As far as the second allocation goes you oldtimers have skipped that topic completely. The majority of posters seem to be f1k, fm, zerozippers and first allocation hoity toity princesses who could give a high fart in the wind as to what happens to the second allocation scum like myself. :leaving:

Now will someone PLEASE throw the newbie a bone.

Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
ccosborne said:
True, there's a ton of information. I've read it all.

"What's a VOM?" has been beaten to death as a topic again and again and again. Almost as much as "GM / Pontiac suck" and "Hey dude! where's my car?"

Length of time it takes to get a vom number has not been covered at all.

As far as the second allocation goes you oldtimers have skipped that topic completely. The majority of posters seem to be f1k, fm, zerozippers and first allocation hoity toity princesses who could give a high fart in the wind as to what happens to the second allocation scum like myself. :leaving:

Now will someone PLEASE throw the newbie a bone.

Thanks.
When I told my dealer I wanted to spec out an order, he put my options in the VOM program and it gave me an order# (six characters) immediately.
This order then sits in the dealer's order bank until GM "picks it up".

If your salesman says you don't have a number yet, then he probably hasn't entered your order yet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you can't wait, you can always go over to the Miata lot - I understand they have plenty available - the last five years the Maita sales have fallen off a cliff in this country - Corvette outsells them two and three to one. Thru
August, Miata sales are around 4K. Last year the total was 9356. Their "new"
design is very much like their old design, which has gotten awfully stale
during the past 16 years, and it never was much to begin with.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Danilyn,
Welcome to the forum. I'm also fairly new but have been reading the posts for months. I ordered mine on 6/1 and so far have only an order number to show for it. No event number or any positive news on when it may or may not be picked up. Phone calls to Pontiac Support although pleasent were not very helpful. Same calls and visits to my dealer are even less pleasent! Mine is the only order out of this Dealership so I'm hopeful that it will be picked up for production soon. My real guess is delivery sometime next spring.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
VOM (Vehicle Order Management) system. If you don't have a VOM number, the dealer didn't put your order into the system. Each dealer has their own pool of orders they put into the VOM system. Each order has a priority. The dealer determines who will get the first, 2nd, 3rd, etc. car at their dealership. CCOSBORNE, you said you are order #10 (eg. priority #10) at the dealer. I know that some dealers are just keeping a paper list of customers wanting a Solstice, but don't enter them into VOM. The reason they aren't entering them into VOM is because the orders won't be picked up for several months. They don't want to put any more orders in the system that they don't need to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Long wait for first 1K cars

danilyn said:

P.S. I called and asked for a VOM# and he didn't know what I was talking about, but gave me an order #. I found out that the dealership ordered 8, but he ordered them all at the same time. So I'm not sure what # I am or when he actually placed the order...
Anyone who ordered their Solstice before August was setting themselves up for a longer wait than everyone else since the first Solstices (Solsti?) didn't come off the line until sometime in August. All it did was ensure them one of the first 1000 when they actually started producing them. Some lucky people (who live in larger cities, for example) will get their cars just as fast as these people since their dealerships were allocated several of the first cars to be produced. I just ordered mine at the end of August and should be getting mine at the end of October as well as some of the people who have been waiting since March.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
BriBoop said:
Anyone who ordered their Solstice before August was setting themselves up for a longer wait than everyone else since the first Solstices (Solsti?) didn't come off the line until sometime in August. All it did was ensure them one of the first 1000 when they actually started producing them. Some lucky people (who live in larger cities, for example) will get their cars just as fast as these people since their dealerships were allocated several of the first cars to be produced. I just ordered mine at the end of August and should be getting mine at the end of October as well as some of the people who have been waiting since March.
Don't count on it.Some dealers are telling the customers anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am confused. My dealer told me he did not know what a VOM was, but he gave me an order number. Then he proceeded to tell me my event code was 3400. Does that mean my car will be built in a couple of weeks? And why don't I have a VOM #? Any help?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ggittyupp said:
I am confused. My dealer told me he did not know what a VOM was, but he gave me an order number. Then he proceeded to tell me my event code was 3400. Does that mean my car will be built in a couple of weeks? And why don't I have a VOM #? Any help?

If he can tell you your code, he needs the vom to look it up so he has your order number.After mine went 3400 it took about 1 1/2 weeks to get built. Now waiting for my car however long it takes to get here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts