Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved my cam cover and fuse box cover back from the powder coaters. Went with a flat red. Wanted wrinkle finish but they did not do that. Instead, it is kind of a rough texture, maybe something like a fine or medium grit sandpaper. The fuse box cover was purchased from Werks but I did not like the logo cut into it so welded it shut. I do have their power steering reservoir cover on order in red wrinkle...hope it matches. Total cost for cam cover, fuse box cover and a set of tonneau bars for my MGB (in gloss black) came to $139. Will have to decide what I want to do about the coolant and brake reservoir covers next...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Looks really good Riggs!!! Have a question for you. I see you have your stock engine cover removed. I am the same with the DDM coil cover on mine. I will be getting a new Hood from Norm's Fiberglasd. It will have one scoop located near the cold air intake. With the engine cover removed do I have to worry about stuff getting in there?

I am about to sell my stock engine covet and insulation to a fellow firm member and I want to be sure that with an opening in the hood I am not heading for trouble. Appreciate your thoughts.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I removed the stock engine cover, it was pretty nasty under there...in fact, it appeared that some friendly mouse or rat had chewed up some of the insulation under the cover!. I have had no problems with anything getting under the DDMWorks coil cover and it has been on for a bit. Would certainly assume that if you had direct air flow to that region of the engine, something will certainly find its way under the coil cover as it is not a seal fit by any means. Don't think it would be that big of an issue, tho'...fire up the compressor and blow it out once a month, maybe.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Can you disclose the name of your powdercoater? I want to have some stuff done in white and black.....But I want mine in gloss....

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Nice look! I really like the way the fuse box cover came out I'm with you as far as the way the cover comes from Werks I wish they would just give you an option a plain cover and a decal or with the cut out if you want to advertise I've got a polished plain billet one from Dejon .

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Powdercoater I used for these two items was: T & L Metalworks, Dayton, Ohio. I had my stock wheels powdercoated by a place that did excellant work. Did not go back to them due to an hours drive and the weather around here has not been too conducive for trips. That place is: Performance Powder Coating, Russia, Ohio (pronounced: RU-SHE).

Not engine bay but forgot to add that I had purchased a knee-pad from someone on this forum. About an 1 1/2" thick at one end and maybe an inch thick at the other end. Stuck out too darn far and was way too uncomfortable to use as directed. I switched the thing around, thick end at the bottom, and it was more comfortable but still too thick overall. So I take it to the local band saw, located in my garage, and cut it down to 1/2" thick. Cut fantastic. Industrial strength stick on velcro and it is mounted in the car and really does help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
When I removed the stock engine cover, it was pretty nasty under there...in fact, it appeared that some friendly mouse or rat had chewed up some of the insulation under the cover!. I have had no problems with anything getting under the DDMWorks coil cover and it has been on for a bit. Would certainly assume that if you had direct air flow to that region of the engine, something will certainly find its way under the coil cover as it is not a seal fit by any means. Don't think it would be that big of an issue, tho'...fire up the compressor and blow it out once a month, maybe.
Thanks Riggs! Everyone I have spoken with says it should be no problem. Figured, I might as well get your 2 cents!:thumbs:

·
Registered
292 Posts
LQQKING GOOD!
I have the PS cover in black chrome.
LLLFLY

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WERKS power steering reservoir cover came in and now installed. Talk about a press fit! I thought I might break the reservoir mounts getting it on. Does not have the logo plasma cut into the item...I am happy. Ordered it in red wrinkle and it matches the other two items exactly. Now...do I save up some money to get the other two WERKS covers or buy a new AK 47 or buy a new/used Rickenbacker guitar?!! I think the two covers would be the cheaper way to go!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
WERKS power steering reservoir cover came in and now installed. Talk about a press fit! I thought I might break the reservoir mounts getting it on. Does not have the logo plasma cut into the item...I am happy. Ordered it in red wrinkle and it matches the other two items exactly. Now...do I save up some money to get the other two WERKS covers or buy a new AK 47 or buy a new/used Rickenbacker guitar?!! I think the two covers would be the cheaper way to go!!!
Hopefully this pic helps you decide. Figure I would return the "moditis" favour as I now have to get the reservoir cover in yellow!:willy:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts