Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OUR CARS ARE ON THEIR WAY :willy: :willy:
Okay, mine was produced yesterday. VIN# 1G2MB33B76Y100847

Bill, yours is on the line as I type this and should be built (I would think) by the end of today.

GreatWhiteNorth 1 of your orders was produced yseterday as well and your VIN# is 1G2MB33B66Y100872 the other order number you gave me the system could not find.

SLY2T_OTT your order number was not found in the system.

Igmyster your order was not found in the system either.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Congratulations. Now you know you are not the "forgotten" 51st state.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
leolaw said:
I believe the Canadian VIN # are different than the first 1000
all VINs after first 1000 are 1xxxxxx I think. First 1000 are 00xxxx. According to LD they picked up with 100700 for non first 1000 (first 700 test cars)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mceb said:
all VINs after first 1000 are 1xxxxxx I think. First 1000 are 00xxxx. According to LD they picked up with 100700 for non first 1000 (first 700 test cars)
That's my understanding as well.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just sorta realized from talking to SLY2T_OTT that the system will only be able to find your code if it has been preferenced.

So please only send me your order number when it has gone to that step.

·
Registered
101 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I just sorta realized from talking to SLY2T_OTT that the system will only be able to find your code if it has been preferenced.

So please only send me your order number when it has gone to that step.
thanks SlipSlider...

i was looking for my reference numbers and i have misplaced my paperwork...

i called my dealer today to get them.. i will hear back later.

cheers.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Great news and since everything funnels into Canada through Oshawa, you guys shouldn't have to wait too long on the shipping side.

Sounds like a good excuse for another drive to Oshawa. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fortyninenorth said:
Great news and since everything funnels into Canada through Oshawa, you guys shouldn't have to wait too long on the shipping side.

Sounds like a good excuse for another drive to Oshawa. :thumbs:
C'mon down!

BTW, I heard they stop them at customs and split them up onto Canadian trucks. My dealers Dad used to do that for GM and that's what he tell me. That was probably years ago. They may not do that anymore.

He also said that at the point he gets invoiced that it takes no more then a day for the car to show up. Lets hope the Solstice isn't the exception!

·
Registered
535 Posts
mceb said:

I am kind of surprised because SLYSOL had said no other cars for production would be built along side the 1000.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have no VIN# yet

CoolOne2006 said:
I am kind of surprised because SLYSOL had said no other cars for production would be built along side the 1000.
I called HQ this morning and I still don't have a VIN# yet - she stated that they have appx 750 VIN#'s issued to date and to check back on Friday.

·
Registered
65 Posts
SlipSlider said:
OUR CARS ARE ON THEIR WAY :willy: :willy:
Okay, mine was produced yesterday. VIN# 1G2MB33B76Y100847

Bill, yours is on the line as I type this and should be built (I would think) by the end of today.

GreatWhiteNorth 1 of your orders was produced yseterday as well and your VIN# is 1G2MB33B66Y100872.

Could you guys tell us what color and options (leather (color) or not) you ordered.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
Probably has something to do with Canada being another country (and not our 51st state :lol: ).

We've seen in previous posts that GM Canada is operated as an independent entity from GM USA. I don't think that a marketing scheme dreamed up by the USA marketing department for USA production could or should influence the release of the car in another country.

I'm sure if someone were to take a close look at the legalese in the EOP program rules, there would be something about how the program applies to US production only.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
The first 700 1xxxxx VINs where done before first 1000, it's possible given the recent first 1000 VINs they are done (or close to done) building first 1000 now so picking back up where they left off with 100701..

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CoolOne2006 said:
I'm not going to say "I told you so" to him... But I’d love to hear an apology :cool:

I think that would make my day.

1 - 20 of 370 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.