Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a great deal on #361 - this one needs a little more TLC with 64K miles but is an accident-free two-owner car. All of our sponsors are on board, so look forward to putting it together.

I'll probably use this thread to track the build as well as update on www.facebook.com/wheelsforwheels.

The car is on a transport truck as we speak and should hit AZ some time next week.

This is our 12th Solstice and our fourth coupe -- of course, I'm a bit biased...

Oh, after the deal was closed, the dealer mentioned the owner also had the soft top, still in the bag, which he
put in the car before it departed.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Best of luck with this project. Will be interesting to track.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked up the car yesterday -- seems to drive well and everything works, even AC is ice cold. This should be a perfect car for our program as it will really respond to all of our sponsor parts and upgrades. The 4PXHKDS plate goes on today and it will head over to Martin at RPM to get a good once-over before starting through the restoration and upgrade process. New 19 inch wheels are on the way from TSW and should be on by the end of the week, along with new performance tires and TPMS. I'd really like to find a dealer to offer some basic maintenance -- brakes, fluids, filters, etc. We have put out a couple feelers.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know what this is? It's attached under the center console somewhere...

·
Registered
506 Posts
That would be my guess as well, I will be following this thread as well

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With touchscreen and reverse cam going in, it will be obsolete anyway... Thanks for responses!

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Yes, that's a controller for an aftermarket ultrasonic reversing sensor setup. Presumably there will be 2 or 4 sensors either drilled in or stuck on the back bumper. If they are drilled, it may be easier to keep it, rather than remove it and have to fill/paint the holes.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again. Yep, two sensors in rear bumper - perhaps we can tie the chimes into the reverse cam set up. Car passed emissions with no problems and is ready to start our program. Keep an eye on this thread as well as www.facebook.com/wheelsforwheels. BTW, I saw one of our previous cars is for sale for $13K on FB Classifieds. It's a nice one if anyone is looking for a GXP very, 5-speed, grey, 3X,XXX miles.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just noticed there are sensors in the front bumper as well -- I'll have my AV guy check it out - might actually be cool if we can have audible chimes front and back to go with the added reverse cam.

Our amazing sponsors are already stepping up - Solo just shipped their exhaust and cat, TSW shipped wheels, BC Racing shipped coilovers, we have RPM adding their Stage 2 setup with new intercooler and a bunch of maintenance items, inMobile/Soundwerks has donated another touchscreen with reverse cam to the Monsoon, we have new leather and a full paint job promised as well. Much more in the works.

We still need a tire sponsor if anyone has any leads.

Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car at RPM right now. Looking forward to a bunch of upgrades and maintenance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts