Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New 2006 A6 Transmission - Corvette Only!

I was looking over at the Corvette forum planning my swaps for my Solstice when I just got a look at the new A6 transmission going into the 2006 Corvette. The shifter has a special "M" mode to put the transmission into paddle shift mode. This is way cool!

A6 Shifter
Steering Wheel Side
Steering Wheel Front 1
Steering Wheel Front 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked with Mallett Cars and this is not an option as it would be too costly to do on a Solstice or Sky. The transmission driveline is too different between the vehicles and the addition of a transmission paddle shifter computer would have to be reprogrammed. Well, maybe since Mallett can't do it, Pontiac will.

Let's hear it out there, would you like to see a paddle shifting automatic option for the Solstice? Not an autostick unit, but a true SMG or Tiptronic style shifter.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,041 Posts
Call me old school, but what's wrong with a clutch and a manual transmission?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I'd go with the standard shifter because the chicks dig the stick!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
anticd70 said:
I'd go with the standard shifter because the chicks dig the stick!
They're gonna love you to death! You've got a stick in Deep.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
TerpFan said:
I checked with Mallett Cars and this is not an option as it would be too costly to do on a Solstice or Sky. The transmission driveline is too different between the vehicles and the addition of a transmission paddle shifter computer would have to be reprogrammed. Well, maybe since Mallett can't do it, Pontiac will.

Let's hear it out there, would you like to see a paddle shifting automatic option for the Solstice? Not an autostick unit, but a true SMG or Tiptronic style shifter.

Nice option. How much, you figure? :skep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
birdliver said:
Nice option. How much, you figure? :skep:
It's only $10,000 on a Lamborghini Gallardo. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Those toggles are awfully small, if I owned one I'd see if somone made some nice aftermarket replacements.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Bonzo said:
They're gonna love you to death! You've got a stick in Deep.
:glol: :glol:

i have to be "SLY" with my stick... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
What I found most interesting was that the Corvette wheel looks just like the Solstice wheel, just with a Corvette center logo instead of a Pontiac center logo. Perhaps the Sol got it's wheel from the Vette? It's just funny because looking at those pictures I was thinking, "Wow, that wheel looks naked.. it needs some cruise/stereo controls on there!" :lol:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top