Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the itch to improve my Sol every few years. I drive it about 4k miles a year(113k total) and 3 or 4 Porsche or Vette Club Autocrosses.

Current setup 2007 NA manual, no ABS, no LSD, Hawk HPS pads, Centric Rotors, DDM brace bundle and Michellin Pilot Super Sports. To get a baseline I had a driving instructor drive my car, I was just over a second slower than her time. She has many accolades and I've personally seen her win overall at events.

The best bang for my buck seems to be upgrading the rear anti roll bar. It looks like it could make sense for me to get the FE3 (or ZOK if I could fine one) from GMpartsdirect.com. I guess the Bilsteins will last as long as they don't leak? Used wheels with treadwear <300 tires? I'm unaware of any (in CA) improvements to the drivetrain that would be helpful. I guess I could put money away for a clutch.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
The slalom guys seem to like the ZOK rear bar in conjunction with the FE3 front bar. The latter should be easily obtainable from someone upgrading an FE3 car. An original new ZOK rear may be tough. Werks sells a 10% uprated (over the ZOK
) rear bar that might work but you might not need that much stiffness, or you might need to balance the car out by also getting the ZOK front.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wspohn. "Easily obtainable" is a relative term in the days of 2 day free shipping. There is someone parting a RL 2 hours away that looks like an option. I haven't tried the local junkyards yet. I previously checked Werk's site, I just checked again so I may be looking for a bar when they sell a brace.

PS: Your list of Current fleet seems to have pared down considerably from what I remember. Enjoy the reduction in maintenance costs!

·
Registered
378 Posts
The Werks rear bar has three adjustment holes, they are supposed to be roughly equivalent to the FE3, FE3 Z0K, 10% stiffer than FE3 Z0K. The Werks front bar has two adjustment holes, the stiffer setting is again 10% stiffer than FE3 Z0K, not sure where the other hole lands.

I don't know of anyone who has quantifiably confirmed this, but I hope to do so myself this winter when I upgrade.

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
PS: Your list of Current fleet seems to have pared down considerably from what I remember. Enjoy the reduction in maintenance costs!
Still holding at six cars (the current site software is probably concealing all but the first couple if you don't see them all)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts