Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car a few weeks ago and by reading the forums, started putting together my wish list.

I was too busy enjoying driving it I never fully checked it out. I poked my head under the back yesterday and discovered a 2 1/2" single outlet Magnaflow Cat-Back system. The previous owner(s) did put in a CAI and an upgraded exhaust.

Now it has me wondering what else was done to this car. I don't think there is a way to see if the ECU has been flashed. It would be cool to find if the previous owner was a member of this forum and then I would be able to search for posts like...here is what I did.

Thanks for all the support and idea$. :)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
First things first....how much boost do you get? If your getting more then 12-15, you have a tune. If you are getting more, then next step is to check your MAF sensor on the intake side of your intercooler. If you have 1 bolt MAF sensors, you have the GMPP tune. If you have 2 bolt, you have some other tune if your getting more then 15psi of boost. You can verify it by pulling the tune codes out of your ECM. I know if it's an '08 it will start with "127" in segments 2-6 (I believe). I will try to find the post on the Sky forum that says what numbers should be in your ECM.....

Now, you must check your cat. You may also have a HFC. If you have one, and you have exhaust, you probably have a tune.... It's the only way to get more then 260hp....because the stock tune will bring the torque and hp back to 260hp....

Of course this all assumes you have a GXP..... :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ghost, but its a 2.4 NA. It's a 2006. Still fun just the way it is. Somehow you always want to have more power.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I will still look for the tune numbers. They are in the Sky forum somewhere. It will tell you if you have a tune or not. Actually I drove a couple 2.4s before I bought mine. When I went back the next day to put a deposit on one of them, it was sold. :( That's when I was irritated because it was the third 2.4L in 2 days that I just missed. All were NA. I loved it. I just happened to be looking at the one I have now for 3 weeks and got really discouraged. I didn't want a turbo car....and I sure as heck hated my rally strips... I didn't do all my research on the GXP. I bought mine thinking it was a T2 edition. Then come to find out they were only in yellow. The previous owner of mine put the badging on it. By the time I figured out it wasn't a T2, it was already home in my driveway....LOL....

I actually edited my post to put that last line after I had posted it. DOH!!!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
T2 edition was also a turbo. So your car is now posing as a turbo too. Talk about false advertising.

SCCA SSB Championship Edition (base model) and the SCCA T2 Championship Edition (GXP). Yellow was not the only color for the T2 version.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,527 Posts
T2 edition was also a turbo. So your car is now posing as a turbo too. Talk about false advertising.

SCCA SSB Championship Edition (base model) and the SCCA T2 Championship Edition (GXP). Yellow was not the only color for the T2 version.
SSB Edition was only available in Aggressive Red. The T2 edition was only available in Mean Yellow.

For reference see:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f25/solstice-scca-champion-editions-announced-11-2-2007-a-39485/

According to that thread, there were 134 SSB editions (NA) made and 88 T2 editions (GXP) made.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will still look for the tune numbers. They are in the Sky forum somewhere. It will tell you if you have a tune or not. Actually I drove a couple 2.4s before I bought mine. When I went back the next day to put a deposit on one of them, it was sold. :( That's when I was irritated because it was the third 2.4L in 2 days that I just missed. All were NA. I loved it. I just happened to be looking at the one I have now for 3 weeks and got really discouraged. I didn't want a turbo car....and I sure as heck hated my rally strips... I didn't do all my research on the GXP. I bought mine thinking it was a T2 edition. Then come to find out they were only in yellow. The previous owner of mine put the badging on it. By the time I figured out it wasn't a T2, it was already home in my driveway....LOL....

I actually edited my post to put that last line after I had posted it. DOH!!!
Any luck on finding this post?

I recently picked up a 2007 GXP. Under the hood I have the two bolt sensors. However, I usually get more than 15 PSI boost, and on regular basis in 4th and 5th see up to 21 PSI.

So, before I go spend money on a tune, I would like to know if the car already has one.

I did searching, but no luck, but that might just be my searching abilities.

Thanks for the time,
Michael

1 - 10 of 10 Posts