Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish. very happy with the fit and finish!

old vs new

Stock IC off the car

New IC mounted

Was $588 to my door with a military discount. Thanks to HAHN Racecraft for offering that discount to troops.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definite increase in throttle response. Feels like the 60-100 pulls stronger also.

·
Registered
848 Posts
very nice, Any more install pics, I'd love to see more? Any issues you'd mention....did you install the little metal supports backwards like the instructions state? Good to hear you cranked this out in 2.5 hrs, that's quick.

Another Hahn waiting to find it's home:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Did it bolt right in or did you have to make any modifications?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
the only modifications needed are a little trimming to the shroud that goes between the IC and radiator. you have to shave off some plastic because of how much wider the hahn is. but that's super easy to do and the instructions were written so that i could understand them easily. i used a pheumatic die grinder, but a razor blade will work if you dont have one. there's also a metal bar like subframe on the drivers side where the IC tube connects, you need to loosen its bolts and slide it backward then re-tighten but that's also really easy. it only moves back about 1/8 of an inch, but the IC wont sit right if it isnt moved.

IMO the hardest part is getting the pipe couplers and clamps back on. it helps to have a friend for that part. one person to hold the IC and wiggle it around while the other is manipulating the coupler hoses to get it in.

I did swap the supports around and everything still lines up. Theres one part in the instructions that tells you to hand tighten the bolts that mount those bars. i went hand tight and then just a tad more with a ratchet. They need to be snug enough that they wont vibrate out, but lose enough that you can still wiggle the bottom a little. when you go to put the bumper on, the bottom of those brackets will need to be lined up with the holes on the bumper. if they are tightened down you wont be able to do that. once the bumper was in place, i used a thin screwdriver in the bolt hole to line them up, then inserted the bolts. that was the only thing in the install that made me scratch my head a little. i cant fathom leaving a bolt hand tight. but my 1/4-1/2 turn extra gave me a warm fuzzy that they wont vibrate out.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I did the same thing about 3weeks ago. I installed a WERKS cooler. Had to trim as well. Not hard to do. But like you said an extra pair of hands is nice. But I was not that lucky. Don't you love the difference in you midrange.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, it feels a lit nicer once youre moving and you hit the gas. seems like you don't need to give it as much throttle on a low speed start either to get to 35/40ish that could be mind tricks though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts