Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Driving 14 hours round-trip tomorrow to pick up my new baby.

2009 GXP manual convertible in wicked with GM performance and Solo exhaust upgrades. 22k miles. Fully loaded except for no Monsoon. I can't even fathom how someone would leave that out after everything else, but seeing as the rest of the car is so awesome, I can't complain. It's going to be a nightmare upgrading the sound system, though.

BUT YAY. Haven't had a Solstice since 2006 and have missed it so much.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
best of luck with your drive and purchase...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Good luck, Sean! I hope everything goes smoothly.

Yogi

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Wow, sounds great! As for upgrading the sound system it is all part of the "mod party"! A lot of us are upgrading our factory decks with aftermarket ones now. So, if you want to stay stock you will see them come up for sale here. In fact, my 2007 Monsoon deck will be coming out of my Sol GXP this weekend as I am getting an aftermarket unit with back up camera etc installed. Once done I will be putting it up for sale. Pic attached. Note, the aftermarket black gloss radio face cover is on with 3M tape. It can be removed with no damage or included with unit.:thumbs: PM me if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, sounds great! As for upgrading the sound system it is all part of the "mod party"! A lot of us are upgrading our factory decks with aftermarket ones now.
If I'm going to go to the trouble of running lines and making space for a subwoofer, I may as well just do it all. With CarPlay being available now, I'll probably go for a double-DIN touchscreen setup.

One step at a time, though! :)

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
If I'm going to go to the trouble of running lines and making space for a subwoofer, I may as well just do it all. With CarPlay being available now, I'll probably go for a double-DIN touchscreen setup.

One step at a time, though! :)
:agree: That is what I would do.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Good luck! You will love the car. No comparison to your 06. Welcome back.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck! You will love the car. No comparison to your 06. Welcome back.
So I've heard. And it's crazy, because I REALLY enjoyed my "puny" N/A '06. I can't even imagine a tuned GXP version with, literally, nearly double the horsepower and torque!

And I know you're a fan of the color. ;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
No Monsoon Either

Weird, Me too. Back in December, I bought a triple black 2007 with, get this, 10,000 miles. GXP and literally EVERY option but Monsoon. Must have been a stupidly expensive upgrade.

I'm curious, and haven't found any source to find out. What was MSRP on a fully loaded 2007 GXP?? I mean, it even has the metal pedals. I've looked it up, and Monsoon is the ONLY thing missing. Paid 16.5k, but was indistinguishable from brand new.

Don't care about the monsoon, has the same radio as the Caddy, and nine speakers. Sounds fine to me.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Centrozome, mines pretty loaded too except for OnStar. And as luck would have it the previous owner left the window sticker for me. It looks like the complete upgrade to the Monsoon system would have cost you about $890 and the cost of the car was about $30,575.

Here's a scan of my window sticker if you want to see the particulars for yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
pictures or link to your solstice?

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
My Sol had cloth seats and monsoon. And No spoiler! Which I was happy about. No acoustic liner. And no GXP badge

It's a little different now

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pics, pics, pics.
pictures or link to your solstice?
I will! I'm a professional photographer so I'm going to have to unveil the new baby in style. Gotta scout out some locations and wait a couple days for the weather to improve. We're getting an unseasonable cold front here in Indiana. :-(

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Driving 14 hours round-trip tomorrow to pick up my new baby.

2009 GXP manual convertible in wicked with GM performance and Solo exhaust upgrades. 22k miles. Fully loaded except for no Monsoon. I can't even fathom how someone would leave that out after everything else, but seeing as the rest of the car is so awesome, I can't complain. It's going to be a nightmare upgrading the sound system, though.

BUT YAY. Haven't had a Solstice since 2006 and have missed it so much.
hmmm. wonder if i'll do that.

Just sold mine as I just don't make the time to drive it with a full time(plus) job. my grand Cherokee is really the only vehicle I should be driving until retiring; but you have to find these things out by doing them and see if you'll make the time for a sportscar, that answer for me currently is no.

One day i'll probably retire to Asheville NC. I think a solstice and the blue ridge parkway are made for each other; may have to buy one again then. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts