Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its already happened! A friend of mine was looking over the No. 23 for the first time this morning and when he came around to front of the car he said: "When did this happen?" Not words you want to hear. Somebody had backed into the right front grill insert. Right side of insert is smashed in. I will inspect the area behind the grill, but it seems OK. Luckally thats all they seem to have hit and missed the bumper covering. Ordered a grill insert this AM. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say it ain't so. Atleast it was the grill cover and not actually the paint. phew

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea thought it would be worse when reading it...grill better than fender/paint. Does suck....hence the reason I park as far from everyone as possible :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Ouch. So sorry for your loss. Glad it's not major.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
PAS22 said:
Well its already happened! A friend of mine was looking over the No. 23 for the first time this morning and when he came around to front of the car he said: "When did this happen?" Not words you want to hear. Somebody had backed into the right front grill insert. Right side of insert is smashed in. I will inspect the area behind the grill, but it seems OK. Luckally thats all they seem to have hit and missed the bumper covering. Ordered a grill insert this AM. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!
Sorry to hear that. Of course whoever hit you left a note right? NOT.
Doncha love it?
:mad:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flaj said:
Sorry to hear that. Of course whoever hit you left a note right? NOT.
Doncha love it?
:mad:

Actually after giving it some thought I think I know who did it, when and where.

·
Registered
218 Posts
PAS22 said:
.... Ordered a grill insert this AM...
How much was it?

I was thinking of ordering an extra set to paint a different color to see how they looked.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Bummer!!! Remember to put a bandaid on it for Saturday's meet!!

:willy:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Sorry to hear it! Hope the new one doesn't take long to come in!

·
Registered
676 Posts
when I first started reading I thought maybe someone spilled their coffee as they were leaning over to look inside. I would be sooooooo mad--especially if I knew who did it and they didn't fess up. We will give you some group condolences on Saturday! have you heard from Mr. Ed?

·
Registered
819 Posts
dori-san said:
HANG EM! :cuss:
Hanging would be too easy!! Maybe have their next meal delivered in a still to be produced Sol. ;) Turn this destroyer of this sacred Sol over to LineDog and his corworkers and have them work this person over..... :willy:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't know cost yet. This will be the first 2006 part the dealer parts manager will have to order. Hoepfully it won't take as long as the car. I did notice that there appears to be a crushable material behind the grill (foam?) this has also been impacted. I will see tonight if anything behind that has been damaged. No leaks, so thats a good sign! If its the person that I suspect, it looks like the ball hitch on their truck hit the grill. Maybe I should look for specks of silver paint on their hitch. Time for a call to CSI Wisconsin!

No I havn't heard from Mr. Ed about Saturdays meet. I will be the only there with damaged goods. :(

·
Registered
676 Posts
we won't look at it as damaged---it now has character!!!!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After a post mortum late this PM I can say that it could have been alot worse. About six of the egg crates are broken and the outside edge of the grill is cracked in one place. The "foam" behind the grill was hit but the framework behind it doesn't look damaged. I bandaded as best as possible for now until the bew insert comes.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
hyzer said: "I was thinking of ordering an extra set to paint a different color."

I was thinking to take them off, spray them black, and put them back on. I have a Sly and the black would set off much better. What do other people think of that? I value your opinions.

PAS22: I'm glad it wasn't TOO much damage. Of course, even a pebble mark is too much, but still .... How hard is it to take the grill off and put back on again?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
hyzer has a mysterious. What color is yours, deluke?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts