Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching the forum, but I think I'm asking the wrong question.

Anyway, I've had my 09 GXP coupe in the shop for 4 of the past 7 weeks trying to figure out why I'm intermittently losing power. They've replaced the mass air flow sensor, the ECM, and most recently the MAP sensors for the Stage 2 kit. Well, finally the car is running but less then 24 hours back from the dealer the AC has turned off. And by off I mean no air is going through the vents. Zip zero zilch. If I take it back to the dealer it's just another freaking service fee. Any suggestions on a way to approach this before I take it in. I figure all the wiring with the ECM, mass air flow sensor and MAP sensors something didn't get plugged in right and has come loose.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Did you try the recalibration procedure? Is the HVAC fan coming on at all?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No air

Yes I have tried the HVAC recal... The recall went as expected, but did not change anything. The fan is not blowing, no air is moving through the vents.

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
With all the electrical work they did its possible that the fan is either damaged, or there is an open circuit.

There are several threads covering failure of the AC / heater fan. Take a look and see if anything there works for you.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
ditto what rte said. If it's the fan now blowing I'd track that through the fuses, bcm, etc.

That is assuming that the fan does not blow on a/c, or vent, or heat?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the harness off and just like a number of other people, it had had a short. Going to get it the parts and fix it. Thanks for the advice Sly_Bob, Rob, and chickenwire. This is gonna save me a good couple of bucks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've tried searching the forum, but I think I'm asking the wrong question.

Anyway, I've had my 09 GXP coupe in the shop for 4 of the past 7 weeks trying to figure out why I'm intermittently losing power. They've replaced the mass air flow sensor, the ECM, and most recently the MAP sensors for the Stage 2 kit. Well, finally the car is running but less then 24 hours back from the dealer the AC has turned off. And by off I mean no air is going through the vents. Zip zero zilch. If I take it back to the dealer it's just another freaking service fee. Any suggestions on a way to approach this before I take it in. I figure all the wiring with the ECM, mass air flow sensor and MAP sensors something didn't get plugged in right and has come loose.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your vehicle issues and the time it has spent at the dealership. I am very interested in hearing the details. I cannot guarantee anything but I would like to look into this for you. Please private message me the details.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts