Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to use my rear de-fogger for the first time today. Is it my car or does the Solstice not have an auto shut-off function for the rear-defogger? Most other cars I've owned, have an auto shut off feature where the heater coils stay on for 10mins or so then turn off... Anyone else tried it yet?

·
5,641 Posts
Loft_guy said:
Had to use my rear de-fogger for the first time today. Is it my car or does the Solstice not have an auto shut-off function for the rear-defogger? Most other cars I've owned, have an auto shut off feature where the heater coils stay on for 10mins or so then turn off... Anyone else tried it yet?

I added the bold to show two cases where it would be on longer then the 10 minutes that other cars you have owned operate.

From owner's manual (on line edition):

The rear window defogger uses a warming grid to remove fog or frost from the rear window. Be sure to clear as much snow from the rear window as possible. An indicator light on the knob will come on to let you know that the rear window defogger is activated. The rear window defogger will turn off about fifteen minutes after the knob is pressed. If turned on again, the defogger will run for approximately seven and one-half minutes before turning off. If the vehicle speed is greater than 50 mph (80 kph) and the rear defogger is active, it will remain on as long as the speed is greater than 50 mph (80 kph) . The defogger can also be turned off by pressing the knob again or by turning off the engine.

Do not operate rear defogger when convertible top is down.

Here is a little better explaination from the dealership new model service guide:

The rear window defogger cycle time is suspended and the defogger will continue to run anytime the vehicle obtains speeds of 50 mph (80 km/h) or above. When vehicle speed is reduced below 50 mph (80 km/h) the rear window defogger cycle time will continue.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info... :) I'll have to check it out again, I was on the freeway for about 20 mins... stayed on as I guess it should have. However, it didn't go off when I was doing 25 or so in the city. I'll check it again and see if it will cycle when I'm driving below 50mph. Thanks again Small Dealer. BTW where is the "link" for the online owners manual? Thanks, Loft_guy.

·
5,641 Posts
Loft_guy said:
Thanks for the info... :) I'll have to check it out again, I was on the freeway for about 20 mins... stayed on as I guess it should have. However, it didn't go off when I was doing 25 or so in the city. I'll check it again and see if it will cycle when I'm driving below 50mph. Thanks again Small Dealer. BTW where is the "link" for the online owners manual? Thanks, Loft_guy.

I use the one that is available to dealerships through our password protected web portal from GM.

Once the Solstice is up and running and you can register at MYGMLink.com to have access on line (along with other benefits).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts