Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem that I can't figure out. I have a 2007 GXP. 27000 miles on it. I'm not getting any information on boost. I know I have the power, because I can feel it. I just don't get any readings on the boost gauge.

Sgt3419

2007 GXP
Mean
27000 miles
GMMP upgrade
ReBar
MagnaFlow exhaust
K&N CAI
Montegi Wheels

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2010 Honda Goldwing
2002 Honda VTX1800R

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
I vaguely remember that this could be a symptom of one of the MAP sensors not providing readings(?)

I see you have GMPP tune. Were your T/MAP sensor connections soldered, or still crimped? If the latter, get them soldered - that might well fix the issue.

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
Here you go

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f43/dic-turbo-gague-not-working-63826/

There are 2 MAP sensors (Manifold Absolute Pressure): one located on the cold charge pipe (driver's side of motor) which is actually a TMAP because it monitors both pressure and temperature, and one located on the intake manifold. The DIC gets its reading from the TMAP located on the cold charge pipe. Try unplugging and re-plugging the connector to the TMAP and see if that helps any. Otherwise, it could be a bad sensor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it worth just getting new sensors? I threw a code while on vacation and took it to a GM dealer. They pulled the sensors and sprayed them with cleaner. Could that be the problem (letting someone else touch my car. LOL)?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket Cold Air Intake? If so, its the oil from the filter fouling the TMAP sensor....

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Is it worth just getting new sensors? I threw a code while on vacation and took it to a GM dealer. They pulled the sensors and sprayed them with cleaner. Could that be the problem (letting someone else touch my car. LOL)?
They cleaned the T/MAP sensors? Really?

Do you have an aftermarket Cold Air Intake? If so, its the oil from the filter fouling the TMAP sensor....
I think you mean the MAF (mass air flow) sensor in the intake, not the MAP (manifold air pressure) sensor that's after the intercooler. I'm guessing the MAF is what the dealer cleaned too.

MAP sensors rarely go bad. Just check the connections. Get them soldered if not already. I'd lay money that's the issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes...sorry. It was the MAF sensor. I don't have any oil on the cold air intake.

Do you have a pic of what should be soldered? and where its located.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts