Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

If I had to do it all over again, would I still buy this car? (Despite it's problems)

• No - definately not!

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes - I love it the way it is!

Votes: 87 70.2%
  • Yes, but only if it were improved upon (any aspect, like quality, performance, etc.)

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Yes, but only if it were less expensive!

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yes, and I'd be willing to pay more if things were fixed!

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sgt Pepper, as most of us know, has traded in his car http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16784 for the more expensive version. But let's take an unbiased (if we can) look at ourselves for a second.

Here's what I mean...

If each of you will indulge me, PLEASE post a concise, short and sweet, version of what you HATE, dislike, want fixed, had problems with etc... with your car. I'm not asking for posts like "nothings wrong, I love it", what I am looking for is... "I hate the fact that the doohickey doesn't work as advertised". or "Need more color options", "Add SOME trunk space", "Doors leak", etc... You can do it in a numbered format if you want to... That may be easiest.

I realize there are several posts on this sorta thing, but that's just it. THERE ARE SEVERAL. I'm asking you, the people who elect to post, to make it short and sweet, and cover everything you can think of. (Think about where I'm going with this for a second) It's my opinion that if ANYONE from GM is looking at this site (and I for one do not think they do), that maybe instead of dragging through thread after thread after thread, maybe having it in a simple form, in one easy to find place, will make it easier for someone (who cares) to read about what users hate, dislike, want fixed with their cars... You can, if you choose, add a link to another thread where a problem is posted, and issues gone into details... but for this thread, please, keep it concise.

Then, follow it up by voting in the poll. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
moved to proper forum for polls

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
chuckdoc said:
I really do not understand this complaining about quality. I own a Jaguar, Chevy, Solstice and Chrysler. My neighbor has a BMW and a Chevy Suburban. Another neighbor with a Audi. And for the guy buying a Porche, well my cousin is the general manager of a porche, audi dealership and just wait till the guy who sold his solstice gets that experience. After warrenty I would suggesst he keep a home equity line of credit. I have the least amount of problems with my solstice. What quality issues are you guys complaining about? Pinion seal leaks, well they are fixing it, stuff happens, it is the first year for this model. Some fog lights do not work, wah wah, BFD. The dealers will fix it. The fit and finish on my car is terrific. And some people want it cheaper, give me a break.

Please, go to a honda forum, bmw forum or toyota forum and check the problems and complaints. Try googling engine sludge and honda and toyota and see what you get. Check out the law suits for their dealers not taking care of the problem of total engine failure and blaming it on the buyer. Jaguar, check out the transmission clunk problems they have. Seriously, if you want perfection, I do not think you will find it. The only thing you should expect is for a dealer to work with you to fix your problems.

sorry for the rant and feel free to flame me, I will be ok.
You did exactly what I asked you not to do. If you dont' have problems with your car, or at least can't be subjective, then don't post. I'm going to ask a moderator to remove your post. This wasn't a place to vent. I asked users to be unbiased, and admit problems the have, or things they don't like, in a numerical and categorical format. Not tell me about their neighbors beemer. I don't want GM reading about your neighbors beemer. I want them reading a concise list, in one location, about problems with the SOL. Rant somewhere else please.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Things I don't like:

1. The stupid anoying air bag light
2. The transmission isn't as smooth as it should be
3. Having to use the more expensive premium gas

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't like that my rear glass window is only half glued in!!! Panels and trim not fitting right is one thing but glue the freakin' window in...please....:brentil:

Still love it though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
1. It's not here yet.
2. With the automation technology available today it would be great if after signing a contract we could be given a way to track our cars through the manufacturing/delivery process, including updated arrival estimates.
3. Factory pick up would have been a great option (including tour, etc.)
4. Did I mention the problem of it not being here yet??

·
Administrator
9,206 Posts
chuckdoc said:
Two polar bears, I will remove it myself, I guess I do not take orders well. I wanted to make sure GM did not think we were a bunch of whiners.

<removed by moderator>

chuck
Chuck....your posts were removed by another moderator because they were not related to the poll.

twopolarbears does not have the ability to edit yours or anyone else's post. Please refrain from posting such language even if in letters. TY

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MomsSol said:
Chuck....your posts were removed by another moderator because they were not related to the poll.

twopolarbears does not have the ability to edit yours or anyone else's post. Please refrain from posting such language even if in letters. TY
Thanks MomsSol... youre right, I didn't remove anything.

Lets not let this thing get out of control. Maybe my intentions are misunderstood. I'm not asking you to whine, or bash the car. Some of us want to know what you all think about the good and bad of your car. Unfortunately it's spread all over this forum. I'm asking everyone to make a concise list.

1. Need more paint options (Mean should not be the only new color)
2. Transmission clunk
3. trunk leaking

etc.... that's it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
1. Very poor paint quality. (Maybe due to it being Black and sitting for months outdoors waiting for repairs, I'm not sure).

2. Panel fit and finish (e.g., trunk panel hitting fender causing paint loss).

3. Near perfect ergonomics but a terrible placement for the window controls.

4. "Safe" and boring color choices.

·
Registered
365 Posts
[content removed by moderator, not on topic]

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
List is no particular order of importance.
I love my car.

1. Window switch placement.
2. Lack of door lock switch.
3. Placement of airbag light.
4. Lack of gauge cluster.
5a. Soft paint, peppered with stone chips already.
5b. Wheel flares should better protect sides without mudflaps.
6. Need for smoother shifter linkage.
7. Let the Ecotech reach it's full potential, unleash the software.
8. Premium tire options.
9. Vanity mirror on both visors.
10. Sell them in pairs so I don't have to steal it from the wife.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Things I don't like about my Solstice, and things which need improved:

-Too much orange peel in the paint

-Needs to have power seats as an option. My wife cannot even see over the dash when riding with me (she's 5' tall)

-Lack of proper stand alone gauges (water temp and oil pressure are certainly needed)

-Poor placement of window controls

-Annoying airbag light

-Needs more power (of course, I could have waited on a GXP, but I'm not a fan of turbocharged engines. I much prefer superchargers).

-Hard to reach seatbelts

-Lack of interior storage space for items such as sunglasses, cell phones

-GM should offer a high performance tire as an option.

-Flimsy, poorly placed cupholders (I have to put my beer between my legs) :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Devoking said:
List is no particular order of importance.
I love my car.
:agree:

*. Hard plastic armrests

*. Window switch placement.
*. Placement of airbag light.
*. Soft paint, peppered with stone chips already.
*. Factory pick up would have been a great option (including tour, etc.)
*. Difficult to reach Oil Filter (without making a mess :( )

10. Sell them in pairs so I don't have to steal it from the wife.
:glol:

did I say - I LOVE MY CAR :willy:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
forgot about arm rests

shadowstorm said:
Hard plastic arm rests and gear ratio for third
killing me on 1st road trip....

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sorry I forgot my prime complaint...Lack of power WITH crappy milage. I can live with either but NOT BOTH!

This may be my first Sol but I'm betting it's not my last...come on GM, what can you give me in '08?

·
Registered
481 Posts
here goes

hard arm rests kills elbow
bad paint chips easy
hard to reach drink holders
no cubby holes for change and so on
emergency brake placement bad for passenger arm on long trips
hard to adjust seats and seat belts when door is closed

other than that nothing and these are not big deals but could help out on long hauls. since this is what we got the car for is long road trips but hey at the price nothing that can not be fixed with a little crearive thought :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My complaints.
1. Little or no storage space.
2. Dim indicater lights and stereo light not visible in sunlight.
3. Difficult to clean plastic interior.

(Will Momsol edit this one)???

1 - 20 of 103 Posts