Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

If I had to do it all over again, would I still buy this car? (Despite it's problems)

• No - definately not!

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes - I love it the way it is!

Votes: 87 70.2%
  • Yes, but only if it were improved upon (any aspect, like quality, performance, etc.)

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Yes, but only if it were less expensive!

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yes, and I'd be willing to pay more if things were fixed!

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm going to chime in regarding my Sky.

• lack of storage space
  • instumentation should contain 2 (not one) of the selectable digital read outs
  • window swithces difficult to reach
  • winshield pressure crack in lower passenger side (there is trend here)
  • Covertible top alignment faulty (related to crack above???)
  • something is rattleing above the rear center storage area
  • seat height adjustment
  • lumbar adjustment
  • lack of trunk space, poor design of current trunk space
  • ticking noise from the engine
  • must wait 30-60 seconds to drive for brakes to properly work
  • closing the hood when the doors are open has potential for chipping the paint on both parts
  • paint for wind shield support should match the rest of the cars paint
  • more color options

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
First, if I won Lotto tomorrow, I would still drive my GXP. Love it, BUT

Paint (Mysterious) on my '07 GXP seems to chip very easily
Hard to see or impossible to see radio in sunlight
No auto dimming mirror
Cup holders - get rid of them or offer the OPEL waterfall as an option
Since you can't get rid of the airbag light on dash move it somewhere out the direct line of sight
PLASTIC -hard on elbows -- leather pads by JPM are awesome

Second, Thanks to all the rest of you for helping me focus the issues

·
Registered
149 Posts
1. More storage for small items like sunglasses, garage door openers, cellphones....these items need to be very driver accessible
2. Too much "gap" between accelerator and engine in the N/A....it takes a heavy foot to get this car to move

·
Administrator
9,209 Posts
I was unable to lose the police helicopter. The cop cars were easy once I turned on the boost contoller to 14psi, but the helicopter hung in there at 160mph+

Other then that. Door locks.
HEY! Paul .... the thread title says NO BS! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
I was unable to lose the police helicopter. The cop cars were easy once I turned on the boost contoller to 14psi, but the helicopter hung in there at 160mph+

Other then that. Door locks.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like GMs Direct Injection V6 next time around.:yesnod:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hate the tilt wheel. Should have a normal tilt like other cars, as in the Fiero.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
You did exactly what I asked you not to do. If you dont' have problems with your car, or at least can't be subjective, then don't post. I'm going to ask a moderator to remove your post. This wasn't a place to vent. I asked users to be unbiased, and admit problems the have, or things they don't like, in a numerical and categorical format. Not tell me about their neighbors beemer. I don't want GM reading about your neighbors beemer. I want them reading a concise list, in one location, about problems with the SOL. Rant somewhere else please.

OK I would have answered you rather pointless question until you posted that. I love my car and agree with Chuckdoc. Kiss my Grits!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Happy Leap Year Day

A small list of what has gone wrong:

• Holes in passenger side firewall leaked water into cabin floor
  • Windows were misaligned and water would drip in- wind noise was also intolerable
  • Convertible top was misaligned
  • Convertible top drip drain in trunk has come undone at least 3 times, allowing water to get into trunk
  • Whining noise from transmission ended up in replacing the rear diff- THREE TIMES!!!
  • Rear diff leakage
  • Conv. top release latch came loose twice and bent once
  • Plate behind inside door handles came loose and rattled around
  • Both driver and passenger side door handles BROKE OFF on same day

Car is currently in the shop for the door handles, the door windows are rattling and loose, and the door panels are lifted off about a 1/2 inch. This was all within 2 days of getting it back from the shop for some body panel alignments.

Haven't had any problems with paint chipping though, and the motor has been top notch

·
Registered
28 Posts
Minor bit*h - gas gage to small and recessed to deep to see. Junk Japanese manual truck transmission. Odd, the rear end is a Getrag unit, and Getrag is famous for their excellent European manual transmissions. Wonder why GM didn't consider a Getrag unit.........perhaps a better trans cost a dollar more? Overall I love the car and would purchase another!

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I Hear the Roar of an XKE Now...

1) Lack of 4 pt harness
2) Lack of passive head restraint system
In lieu of above
1) Lack of padding on drivers side top frame
2) Lack of better seat wrap around for driver

Considering BABY is crashed, I really cain't complain and these comments can be taken with moderation, a grain of salt or as a 19 year old going on 53 popping off.
Flame on, drive on.
:rant:

·
Registered
693 Posts
window control buttons back too far,pagoda in trunk takes up what should have been storage space.bought mine used with 37,000 miles on it,so far everything works as it should.my previous car was a 93 honda del sol.this car feels much heavier and more corvette like.mileage is not quite as good but the car does have more power and acceleration as well as being quieter.doors shut like a mercedes...i mean that in a good way.overall very pleased.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
So you dug up a 5 year old thread?

Welcome to the forum.

Let try to let these sleeping threads sleep.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Why not add his issues to one of the 4 threads on the front page alone...

5 year old thread...
They built these cars back then.

·
Registered
564 Posts
We've all read those ones already. It's nice to read something new without having to go look for it;)

Besides, this is "bring back the old thread" week!

:cheers:

Bert

61 - 80 of 103 Posts