Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird...

just acquired a 07 GXP

was looking to go to some meets or rally runs...

I guess I'll have to go bug the WI guys...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Chicagoland Roadsters ...

blackbirdracing
There is no IL nor Chicago Forum on this forum apparently because back in the early days of Kappas there was a National Group called the GM Roadster Club and the 1st local chapter was Chicagoland Roadsters ... they have a website (linked to the GM Roadsters Club) and their own forums ... so they went that way rather than here ... the group still exists but is apparently dormant ... contact info
Chicagoland Roadsters
http://www.chicagolandroadsters.com
Chapter President: Rick Buda

let me know if I can help getting something going :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks for the information...

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
We are located in the southern suburbs and have participated in some great runs with clubs located in nearby states. Check this forum for:

the Michigan Kappa Club organize a number of runs throughout the state including the infamous Run Through Hell

the WiSols also have a number of runs from the Wisconsin Dells to Door County. We really enjoyed last years Runnin of the River Bluffs in Western Wisconsin across the Mississippi from Red Wing MN

the NEOs (northeastern Ohio) have 2 great runs in the spring and fall through the foothills of southeastern Ohio on twistn and windn roads that are in beautiful condition.

We have gone to the North Carolina High County Cruise for the past two years and had great fun. The Nationals are being held just south of there this year this spring. Over 200 cars come to the nationals every year.

We had over 30 cars going from Starved Rock to Pontiac Il and back last year and it looks like we are repeating it this year. Look for the link.

We have been hanging out with fellow kappa owners for over three years and always hav e a great time. We usually make a 2 -4 day trip out of it depending on the location. The car owners are just great and we enjoy their company.

Just keep checking regularly on the postings listed under the club section.

You are going to have great fun with your car. They are made for driving.

·
Registered
300 Posts
There is a bunch of us scattered over Indiana, most associated with the GM Roadsters Indy club. We've done a couple runs around the Lafayette, IN area, going north to Monticello and south along the Wabash.
Tim.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Tim
We would love to join in. Where do you organize runs?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Geezer, runs are usually posted on the Kappa, Solstice, and Sky forums and always on the Indy GM Roadster page. You are welcome to check out the rides we have done, with and without a group on Amazing Adventures of WanderingSol from Lafayette, Indiana. We have an upcoming event, a luncheon in Aurora, IN. But that would be quite a long drive for you as Aurora is just south and west of Cincinnati, OH. It will be about a four hour one way drive for me in Lafayette.

Tim.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know there were a few members up noth of chicago, I attended one of there meetings a few years back. I will have to see if i can find some of there screen names for you.

I supose I should post this up as a new thread but we have the annual CED Mega Meet set up for this June, we will be having a autocross day, drag day and carshow/meet.
Once I get it posted up on the CED site I will link to it from here.
Would be great to get some Kappa cars there.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
My wife says that the only twisties around Chicago are the ramps on and off the tollways. And that's why there isn't a Chicago club.

Orange Crush is not equipped for autocross or drag, neither am I. I just love driving the car.

I think there was a Lake Shore Drive run a few years back in the very early spring.

We could try to start a local club. Maybe have a couple of off-season meetings to plan cruises.
Suggestions for meeting locations??? Somewhere in the near western suburbs to draw from both the city and burban kappa owners?

Anyone interested? Should we start a list? :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Let's get this thing rolling. How about a meet and greet on Sunday March 25th, mid-day, somewhere in Naperville?

Who's interested???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Let's do this! Sunday March 25 ... early afternoon ... need a restaurant on/near Route 88 in or near Naperville ... :yesnod:
I'll post elsewhere ...

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm down...

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I'm not sure of the viability of the Chicago Roadsters website. We can explore that site further at our meet and greet.

Lets organize the meet and great on this forum. I will post a new thread under Clubs/Great Lakes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts