Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thank you to everybody for giving me soooo much information about this car. You gave me much knowledge in the past four months that ordering my Solstice today was a BREEZE!!!!!

Here is the big question, though. I freaked out after I got home.... I had ordered the ebony leather and just assumed that the dashboard was also going to be black. After reading a thread here, I thought I was safe. However after a frazzled call to the General Manager at the dealership, he told me that his rep assured him that ALL the dashboards were going to be two-toned. No option for an ebony dashboard, only ebony leather. Can anybody help clarify this?

EBONY Leather with EBONY Dashboard
---or---
Ebony leather with steel/tan??????

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ebony Dash

Go to the Pontiac.com web site. Click on Solstice, then Photo Gallery on the left. The sixth picture appears to be an ebony interoir. It looks like the dash is ebony and steel. It looks pretty good. Not as boring as all pure black.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Actually, that looks great! I ordered the ebony because I didn't like the light "sand" color. But I was worried about being disappointed with kind of a boring look with all black. I like the black with the gray accents ... they go well together. I hope they do the same thing on the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I appreciate your direction, but I've been there. Was anybody given the option of a ebony or steel/sand(tan) dashboard? I was asked about the interior, meaning leather only. The GM rep is still saying ONLY TWO-TONED STEEL/SAND (TAN) DASHBOARD. The interior only refers to the leather. (Please tell me he's wrong. I have my heart set on all black!!) We have all seen the pictures of the Ebony dash, but that was pre-production. Pictures can lie now that we've hit the production phase.....ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE?????? No offense ParTee....thanks for the information.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hmmm ... I see what you're saying, but I think your dealer might be mis-interpreting their information. When he refers to the two-tone dash, I think he means there will be additional accent colors with the ebony ... just as the pic on the site shows. I highly doubt they would throw the steel/sand in there for people who chose ebony, but they can still throw in some accent here and there. I don't think most people who chose black will object to a two-tone look if they use black with some dark grays as in the pic. But I don't see them using the steel/sand colors for those who didn't like it and actually chose ebony. Can anybody confirm?

As for your question, no ... they didn't offer a question about the dashboard. You just got to choose ebony or steel/sand interior. I'm sure a lot of people would be upset if they chose an ebony interior and they got stuck with a steel/sand dash, myself included. I think your dealer is mis-interpreting the two-tone dash to mean only steel/sand instead of a two-tone ebony version.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think this dealer is confused. The way i read it is if you opt for cloth seats you can only get the all ebony interior. If you opt for leather seats you have a choice of all ebony with leather OR steel/sand with leather.

interior options

Hopefully the ebony does have some black and grey shades not all one color.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm keeping my black on black...better be same black dash as in pics...

Just saw it in Blue...must say looks great...

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
The ebony does not contain a 2 tone dash with sand color. It's all black (really black and dark greys to give it a little contrast).

Dealer is confused.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wish...

I thought it would be cool to have all black dash and only the seats are two tone (I understand its not going to happen though). The black and sand dash is too much for me. Unless I change my mind when I see it in person.
I ordered triple black.

·
5,600 Posts
Unless the 2-tone combination is more black & tan then gray & sand, I will order the ebony interior and have ventilated tan inserts installed in the seats. Or red ventilated inserts if I go with a red Solstice.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I FULLY expect my dash to be black...like in the pontiac.com website!! :cool:

The Black and Sand Dash makes nooo sense, with a otherwise all black interior. :nono:

Every other car "matches" the dash to the rest of the color scheme!! :yesnod:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts