Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer contacted me this morning and told me he was allocated one car for the first allocation which was to be mine. The only catch was that leather package to include the steering wheel and shift knob was not available at this time, and could only be gotten with the cloth interior! Yuck! He said it will probably be available in the next allocation in two weeks and that I should wait. The general manager is a personal friend of mine so I know Im not getting jerked. This is total frustration! Wait for the car, now wait till the options become available, and more waiting! Hard to be patient! Anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Thank you, I have been trying to get this out -- I too was told that I could not get leather which met I had to settle for black through out the interior and missing the controls on the wheel. How can a compnay as large as GM run out of leather> No wonder GM has such a bad reputation . At least I am not the only person who was told this. I am in FL and #1 at my dealer so apperently it is all over--- :cuss: :cuss: :brentil: :brentil:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Until your dealer calls to say, "come on in and pick it up", I wouldn't be to sure... :skep:

·
Registered
460 Posts
goat rag said:
My dealer contacted me this morning and told me he was allocated one car for the first allocation which was to be mine. The only catch was that leather package to include the steering wheel and shift knob was not available at this time, and could only be gotten with the cloth interior! Yuck! He said it will probably be available in the next allocation in two weeks and that I should wait. The general manager is a personal friend of mine so I know Im not getting jerked. This is total frustration! Wait for the car, now wait till the options become available, and more waiting! Hard to be patient! Anyone else had this problem?
I find it hard to believe that with a planed production date somewhere around now, that all the parts baring fit problems were not in stock. But let the roomers persist.

Do you Goat and Zaven have sales orders with deposits given.It's hard for me to belie :rolleyes: ve what im reaDING BUT HEY THIS IS THE INTERNET lol:rolleyes::banghead:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I stopped in at my dealer today while out on my bike with my 'cool' Solstice shirt on.
Salesman also said that the first alocation can't have the leather package.
His 1st alocation is for 7 cars.

·
Registered
535 Posts
GNS said:
I stopped in at my dealer today while out on my bike with my 'cool' Solstice shirt on.
Salesman also said that the first alocation can't have the leather package.
His 1st alocation is for 7 cars.
I was told the same thing here in Ohio. If I wanted to be in the first allocation then stay away from leather. But I actually came up with a better idea anyway. I am taking mine to a company called sure-fit and having the seats custom done in a deep burgandy leather! I was told it would cost around $500 for the pair! I think it will look awesome with the silver and black interior!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a call from my dealer this evening and he managed somehow to get me the leather! I had earlier told him I would wait for the next allocation to see if the leather was then available. I have ordered a cool with every option. Yeah I figured if I was going to go I would go for broke and not have to say I wished I would a... Supposedly it is my understanding that 200 some odd units are only available in the leather nationwide for the first allocation! How he got me one he said is a long story he would share with me tommorrow as he was leaving the dealer. Made my evening! I cannot see owning that car with a cloth interior! This is supposed to be a sports car and not a plymouth Valiant! I actualy have the order with the order acceptance by GM so I should be good to go. Vom and all. Now when do we get our cars!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If this is true I will cancel my order! Flat out, no hesitation! There is NO WAY GM that I will pay for a cloth interior on this car!!

So, if you are still monitoring these threads and this is true. FIX IT!! :brentil: :brentil:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
But you're NOT paying for cloth interior. It comes standard! :lol:

Anyway, what's this I'm reading about NO controls on the steering wheel without the leather package? That doesn't make any sence! I hope this info is wrong because I WANT cloth but now I'm not going to get controls on the wheel? Somehow I highly doubt that! ...Is this statement official?

·
Registered
460 Posts
brentil said:
Is there a reason this thread is in the test forum? If not I'm going to move it.
Maybe it was in the test forum to test our resolve. But I tell ya one thing resolve only runs so deep. For pity’s sake I just sold my 03 frg***in Mustang with 12,300 miles on it cheap to make room for what I hope does not become a nightmare. I will try to call my dealer this morning and get some info they are a large dealer on Long Island and I know the owner. If they can mess up like this my confidence LEAVEL WILL DROP TO NILL.

·
Registered
511 Posts
No word of this from my dealer.
Its not going to change anything for me .I ordered all options and that is
all I will except, This is a one chance to get something . The way I want It,
Dont want to here from dealer until car is ready.
My guess is that,Because my car , is an extra . Live in zip begins with 0
I lucked out and was given the option for the extra spot .
My car was coded 3000 on 6/7/05
Tried to order to be First 1000.But we were taken care of by G,M .
Thanks to the problem with Zip Code 0.

·
5,641 Posts
dori-san said:
Anyway, what's this I'm reading about NO controls on the steering wheel without the leather package? I hope this info is wrong because I WANT cloth but now I'm not going to get controls on the wheel? Somehow I highly doubt that! ...Is this statement official?
From the Pontiac site:Solstice Specs

Steering wheel, 3-spoke, leather-wrapped urethane
1 - Included and only available with Premium Package.

Steering wheel accessories, includes redundant radio, cruise control and Driver Information Center controls
1 - Included and only available with Premium Package.

·
5,641 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
My car was coded 3000 on 6/7/05
Your order has already been "picked up" by GM/Pontiac.

The posts are reporting "no leather" for this allocation cycle. So you are in the clear.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts