Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)
I have searched and found some information about the NLS with the GMPP tune and from what I can gather, the NLS is based upon the engine RPM at around 6300-6500.

Is this true? OR does the NLS happen at a certain speed threshold of the car? (lets say for example at around the speed of the 1-2 shift at around 30mph, 2-3 shift, etc...? )

2)
On the manual transmission cars, how much (if at all) is the ECU integrated into the manual? I know Auto's have a lot but I am just wondering if the Manual's do?

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
You need to be above 6300rpm (at least in theory) for NLS to work. Nothing to do with road speed. The NLS function performs rev limiting without dumping turbo boost (i.e. without just shutting down the throttle).

The manual transmission has no integration with the ECM.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mr. soup :]

·
Registered
133 Posts
You need GMPP tune or the NLS or it comes standard?

·
Registered
457 Posts
GMPP tune (other aftermarket tuners may also offer it). Not standard.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
GMPP tune (other aftermarket tuners may also offer it). Not standard.
If you try it without the GMPP you may be picking pieces of the top end off the road.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you try it without the GMPP you may be picking pieces of the top end off the road.
Hehe not really interested in that!

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
My Sol didn't come with TC so I opted for the RACELOGIC system. A side benefit is a no lift shift & LAUNCH function built in. It didnt work with my Sol ABS & now awaiting new sensors & will have to machine hubs to work. The end result should be well worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts