Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what? Nobody cares.

If you lost patience and bought a car other than a Solstice - guess what? Nobody cares.

If you bought another sports car because you can't stand the small trunk or the wrinkled top - guess what? Nobody cares.

If you are disgusted with the lack of Top Secret information about the Solstice and Sky production dates - guess what? Nobody cares.

The world does not revolve around you.

I respect and appreciate the feelings of anyone who for any reason decides against waiting to buy a Solstice for whatever reason. All of these topics are fair game for reasoned discussion and debate. What I don't appreciate is the need of some folks to make a Federal issue out of it.

No wonder women so often think of us as little boys. (Trust me, I'm as bad as any of you. :lol: )

I don't mean any disrespect and I certainly don't mean to be rude, but the fact of the matter is that none of us came here with a personal invitation. They didn't miss you before you came here. What makes you think they'll miss you when you are gone?

So you lost your patience and got another car? So GM isn't your personal love slave? Well, boo freaking hoo.

And if you think I'm going to post to these threads with a "gee, I'm sorry you didn't get your way and I'm sorry to see you go"... No sir, not gonna happen. If waiting until spring is your biggest problem, then your life - like mine - is problem free and pretty good. There are people out there with REAL problems.

People with autistic children. People who just lost a parent or had a child miscarry. People who just lost a job. People flooded out in a storm. People in bankruptcy or got their home foreclosed upon. Kids whose parents got divorced. Women being beat on by scumbag men. And on and on.

I'll save my genuine sympathy for them, thank you very much. I'll leave it to the others to give you your big :grouphug:

All you'll get from me is the ":Jimbo:" icon, which is this guy :seeya: holding a big sign saying "NOBODY CARES."

·
Registered
118 Posts
jimbo said:
People with autistic children. People who just lost a parent or had a child miscarry. People who just lost a job. People flooded out in a storm. People in bankruptcy or got their home foreclosed upon. Kids whose parents got divorced. Women being beat on by scumbag men. And on and on.
Ever think about writing a country song? The only thing missing is how your dog died! :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Perception IS reality!!

Perspective is relative!

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINIONS, even me! :lol:

I agree there are people who desparatly need our help and sympathy. My wife and I are realtors and we just had a client move here from CA, 5 days later he threw his wife out of the house with nothing but clothes on her back! We took her in, helped her get her infant child and some money so she could move to her sisters house in Dallas. Am I asking for your congratulations? No! I am just putting this out there to help support the fact there are people with REAL problems that need our help and I try to do what I can, as I'm sure many of the people on here do also! I am NOT special.

But... I can generate a sympathetic attitude for people also who decide to move on from a Sol to something else. There are levels of sympathy! So, to all of you who have decided to move on, "GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YOUR NEW CARS"

For those of you giving up EOP orders... THANKS A LOT!! One closer for me! :lol: :lol: :willy:

·
Registered
251 Posts
HELP...Somebody... HELP...

Send a Solstice cap, a 1/18 scale model, or better yet, send a pre-production Solstice...

JIMBO has Coded...HELP!!

Just teasing Jimbo :lol: :lol: Actually, I agree with you, the whining gets a little old when they only make a big scene about buying another car and leaving the forum!!! And what a screwed up company GM is...blah blah blah.

But NOT a peep before hand, or ask for advice to handle their feelings :willy: in a productive way....AMAZING!!

And THE HEAT IS ON!! :lol:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Jimbo, :agree:

LOL I always ask myself before I post, "is this helpful to the forum? Is this anyone besides myself would care about?" If I can answer yes I post it, if no I go find my wife to talk to. LOL Except after a few years on internet forums I've come to realize it is futile to expect this amount of common sense from everyone.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
That's it, I quit!!!! B-man, mceb, Ff88 and Troy have it handled....

:lol: J/K, of course...

I'd have said it a different way, but I agree with you Jimbo. There will be other summers, other cars, other customers... the universe "tends to unfold exactly as it should" (quote from "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle")...

Those that opt for an NC Miata were not destined to drive a Solstice/Sky. Those that leave because they can't understand that GM is trying to do the right thing and not release $h!t to the public are not destined to at least experience the car for what it is. Those that can't get a first 1000 so they can turn it around for another $5000 and stomp off in search of another "future collectible car" - it's just not in the cards for them.

In the end, the fact still remains that this is among one of the best looking cars GM has made in a while. Sure, it has compromises, but I kinda respect Pontiac for not really apologizing for them - if this is a sign of things to come, then GM will be a great company again.

See, (here I go...) cars are a big huge ball of compromises. You can try to autocross an AWD Astro/Safari... but they make much better all-round but/cargo haulers. You can have a Truck that goes 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, but trucks make much better use as utility vehicles.

GM has had this disease of "trying to be everything to everybody". Saturn, Buick, Pontiac, Chevy - they ALL need minivans. Saturn, Chevy - they BOTH need small econoboxes... every nameplate needs every market entry. Buick, Opel, Holden, Daewoo, Chevy, Cadillac - they ALL need a Kappa.... NOT.

This is the thinking that has increased the number of GM market entries into something so huge, complex and unfocused that NOW it's really painful to try to cut back and CONCENTRATE on each entry and "do the best in that entry".

It appears (since so few of us has driven one yet) that the Solstice is well-concentrated effort. They have somehow been innoculated against the "everything to everyone" disease... I hope it stays there - I hope they ignore all the "this thing needs..." rants, and produces exactly what they said they would - a "highly-styled, sexy, back-to-basics low cost roadster".

If it ain't your flavor, look at the rest of the lineup. There's a $30,000 highly-capable GTO 4 seat coupe. There's $45,000 to $80,000 high-powered great-handling heritage two seat coupes, roadsters, convertible hardtops available. Want a rice-wannabee? Take a look at an ION Redline or a Cobalt SS - maybe you'll be happy with 205+HP and some but-haulin room and a building race-inspired heritage.

Take a look at the Saab 9-2... a Subaru WRX in Saab's clothing (and a VERY KOOL RIDE)....

Just don't try to water down the focus of the Solstice, and quit trying to "blackmail" GM by ranting that "they've lost another customer..." The die has been cast for the Solstice/Sky. They're going with what they have, and trying to get this thing into production.

They're not going to add trunk capacity, or change the top, or add a "goodie-widget" or increase legroom at this stage of the game. If it ain't your flava now, it never was...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sometimes things could be said better but Jimbo :agree: . The internet is great for some fun and a lot of information. I guess its even good for those who had an unhappy childhood and did not fit in :grouphug: ,the internet now gives them a sence of belonging. But people don't get it wrong we are all but fly dropings on the face of the universe.

I WANT IT I NEED IT I GOT TO HAVE IT . As the weather warms i want my car even more . Oh well

·
Registered
753 Posts
Brainfreeze31 said:
Ever think about writing a country song? The only thing missing is how your dog died! :)
you know what you get when you play a country record backwards?
you get your girl back, you get your dog back, you get your pickup truck back.........

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
lighten up

Hey, from what I have seen online forums are EXACTLY for everyone to have their say, no matter how trivial. In fact, it seems to me that triviality is so rampant that one could infer it is a requisite.

As to all those other more important problems and causes...I'm sure there are websites and forums for them also. Something for everyone.

:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
one more thing

I think someone does care...Pontiac/GM to be specific. All these trivial rants (and strokes) give them feedback on how well they are attracting customers. They better care if they want to stay in business.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
:agree: I agree Jimbo! I am glad someone said it.

I think we have seen from all the complaining about what this car doesn’t have on it as far as options and engines, trunk space, etc, that this car is not really for everyone that is on this forum. So it is no surprise when some people end up opting for something else.

Anyone who really wants a Solstice will wait. Its not like they have to wait 5 years. Just a few more months. Anyone who ends up wanting something else, well, they will end up with something else.

I say best of luck to them. I have no problem with their decision.

I just wish some of these people wouldn’t take cheap shots at GM on their way out. They didn’t like the car. Fine. No need to drag GM through the mud because the car didn’t fit their needs or wants.

·
Registered
45 Posts
jimbo said:

If you lost patience and bought a car other than a Solstice - guess what? Nobody cares.

If you bought another sports car because you can't stand the small trunk or the wrinkled top - guess what? Nobody cares.

If you are disgusted with the lack of Top Secret information about the Solstice and Sky production dates - guess what? Nobody cares.

I respect and appreciate the feelings of anyone who for any reason decides against waiting to buy a Solstice for whatever reason. All of these topics are fair game for reasoned discussion and debate. What I don't appreciate is the need of some folks to make a Federal issue out of it.

No wonder women so often think of us as little boys. (Trust me, I'm as bad as any of you. :lol: )

I don't mean any disrespect and I certainly don't mean to be rude, but the fact of the matter is that none of us came here with a personal invitation. They didn't miss you before you came here. What makes you think they'll miss you when you are gone?

So you lost your patience and got another car? So GM isn't your personal love slave? Well, boo freaking hoo.

And if you think I'm going to post to these threads with a "gee, I'm sorry you didn't get your way and I'm sorry to see you go"... No sir, not gonna happen. If waiting until spring is your biggest problem, then your life - like mine - is problem free and pretty good. There are people out there with REAL problems.

I'll save my genuine sympathy for them, thank you very much. I'll leave it to the others to give you your big :grouphug:

All you'll get from me is the ":Jimbo:" icon, which is this guy :seeya: holding a big sign saying "NOBODY CARES."

or

·
Registered
14 Posts
How Long Do I Wait

Gee Jimbo - be grateful u weren't born in Ruusia and were waiting for a gasp " Skoda "( do they still make them ? I believe if u had enough rubles or knew some well connected people- read underground lol u would wait 1-2 years . If u had money but no connections u would wait 3-4 years if none of the above don't worry the car would rust before u had a chance to drive it so no problems, u weren't missing anything . u think u have problems ?
"LET THE SUNBURN BEGIN "

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Jimbo, it's inevitable that people are going to jump this ship. We are at the point of separation: those of us with the fire in our bellies (read passion) will await our prize, faithful to the concept that invoked our desire.

Solsticeman's amble through the philosophic is right on.
I feel a sense of destiny because my life is about connection. I'm right where I should be at any given moment in time and I was at the NY auto show due to a spontaneous splitsecond decision. Past, present, future, and our own individual roadmaps to life. What a concept! :lol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
jimbo said:

I agree somewhat.

I like to hear what cars other people bought instead and it's nice when they thank everyone for all their help.

What I hate is when they start rationalizing their decision to everyone. Who are they trying to convince? Themselves?

Gm doesn't care that you got impatient and bought another car. Do you expect them to read your post and rush you out a sympathy Solstice? GM has their hands full with trying to get a Solstice out to all the people that have supported it and are willing to stick with it. Those are the people that GM cares about.

I could rationalize 20 different ways why I would buy a Civic over a Cobalt. But I could also rationalize 20 different ways I would by a Cobalt over a Civic. And 100% of those reasons no one cares about.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
solli4me said:
Solsticeman's amble through the philosophic...

...amble through the philosophic...
<starry, far away look in eyes, stroking beard...>

..Hmmmph... :lol:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts