Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 base model with a manual gearbox. Recently, I am getting a vibration or rattle in my shifter. If I place my hand on the shift lever or knob, it stops so something is loose. Does not appear to be a big problem, just annoying. Has anyone had this issue and if so, what is the fix. Thanks, Eric O

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Eric
Welcome to the forum. You should get lots of useful information here.

There is really not much to come loose. The shifter is mated directly with the transmission

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f30/f-s-freshly-rebuilt-5-speed-manual-trans-w-clutch-75458/

See pics in this thread.

There is one allen bolt that locks the shift rod to the transmission. You can check that out.

Do you have the stock shifter or an after market lighter one? Some of the lighter shift mechanisms tend to rattle in some gears under power. Adding a heavier shift knob may help with this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. As far as I know, it's the stock shifter. Where exactly is the allen bolt?

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on noisy shifter. There was actually a problem with the shifter. There is a damper as part of the shifter assembly to dampen vibrations from the gearbox and the rest of the power train. The damper on my shifter had fallen off. The fix was to replace the shifter. The shifter is now quiet and the shifts are much more positive.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Thanks for updating Eric - it's important for anyone else "down the road" to see what the possible solutions are. Glad you found it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts