Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2008 used 29K Redline, and noticed a fast clicking sound (I can hear it while driving), coming from a silver disc on top of the engine. It is a small 2" silver disc that is mounted adjacent to the fuel intake manifold. It starts making fast clicking sound at about 1300 RPM, and continues until RPM drops below 1200 RPM. This is a different clicking sound than the fuel injectors. It is only visible if you take off the gray plastic engine cover. It has a couple lines running into it, and one of the lines has a screw-on cap. It is annoying. Is this normal? Thanks....

·
Premium Member
17,541 Posts
Welcome to the forum

You are most likely hearing the High Pressure Fuel Pump. It is essential to the operation of the engine. After a while you will not notice it.

If it is a serious issue for you, you can order an audio insulation cover. It's basically form fitting cast rigid foam that blocks much of the clicking sound.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Yeah, just get used to it. The sound insulation cover that Rob talked about makes virtually no difference, at least as far as I can tell (I put one on).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts